This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Sanford, NC, United States
Date Posted: Jan 30, 2020
As a Human Resource (HR) Representative
and Facility Communicator at Caterpillar, you will have the opportunity
to support a fast-paced environment and assist in various HR services and
functions while engaging our employees through strategy driven
communication. Your current skills and knowledge will
be an asset in this role as you interact with management, salaried and hourly
employees to answer HR questions and resolve issues while complying with
company and legal policies. This HR Representative and facility communicator
will be responsible for developing, planning, coordinating and implementing
specific communication strategies, projects and initiatives focused on
improving employee engagement.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Recruiting needs/planning
* Leading new employee orientation
* Coordinating with Regional and Corporate Human Resources
* Interacting with and counseling all levels of management, salaried and hourly employees to assist and resolve a wide variety of personnel, wage/salary and benefit-related issues
* Interfacing with Corporate Human Resources, Compensation + Benefit and Payroll personnel to assist in the administration and support of employee issues and problems within HR areas
* Serving as a liaison between process owners and the service center groups to reflect process changes in a standard format
* Provide communications assistance within the division in the development and production of communication deliverables, including facility articles, All Employee Meetings, etc.
* Support walk-up traffic in a large, fast paced manufacturing environment
* Bachelors degree required
* A minimum of 1 to 4 years of human resources job-related experience
* Must be willing to work off shift hours to support second and third shift when needed
* Prior communications experience
* The ability to maintain confidentiality
Top candidates will also have:
* Experience working in manufacturing environment
* Ability to work with a diverse group of employees and individuals.
* Some knowledge of various areas of human resources including benefits, employment, pay-related practices/process, compensation and company policies and procedures
* Strong human relations and effective communications skills to develop a cooperative work relationship with others inside and outside of department