What matters most to you? Is it being a part of a strong team? Supporting your family? Solving global problems? You can do these and more at Caterpillar; where your work enables progress around the globe and you contribute to meaningful work. Together, we can build what matters.
The Cat Oil & Gas and Marine Division has an exciting opportunity for a Marine Market and Strategy Consultant. This position can be based in either Houston, Texas or Virginia Beach, Virginia. As a Marine Market and Strategy Consultant at Caterpillar, you will aide in the formulation and execution of the marine strategy for profitable growth. Working independently and within a larger team, the incumbent will take a disciplined approach to analyzing megatrends in the industry and current and potential paths to achieve market success. Position will also contribute through internal projects which improve efficiency, collaboration and execution. This position has significant impact on the success of our marine business strategy execution and long-term growth through focus on improving the company’s ability to meet customer expectations, improve performance and increase profits.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Improve critical business processes that drive financial results, scope moderately complex projects; develop project plans and business cases.
* Lead projects where the subject focus and solutions of the project should be moderately complex in nature, availability, and attainability. Lead improvement projects within the value center.
* Coordinate effectively these projects with the Project Sponsor and other improvement project teams. Ensure projects are integrated with other business activities, improvement projects, and business strategy.
* Project leadership includes identifying opportunities, defining and financially justifying projects, launching project teams, using good project management to manage team activities, leading teams to execute projects using Design of Experiments and other methodology, tracking project status and results, removing and elevating project barriers, and developing team members.
* Identify integration issues with other projects/processes and coordinate the improvements with the appropriate project/process owners to accomplish the project goals.
* Measure results. Manage the development and maintenance of methods and systems for measuring the degree to which the project goals, objectives and metrics are being met. Provide Project Sponsor with the results and take corrective project action as required to improve on results below target.
* Communicate. Ensure multi-channel communication throughout the organization. This includes keeping the Project Sponsor informed of program status and ensuring coordination of activities with other Black Belts. Also, this includes capturing project case histories that can be re-used for other projects.
* Provide quantitative data indicating the scope of the operation including current year and forecast sales, net income, total assets controlled, number of personnel, operating budget, and any other quantitative factors which describe the scope of the operation.
* Recruit and train project team members. Identify potential Green Belts and recruit team additional contributors through the enterprise network as required. Provide necessary training and coaching to team members to grow the capacity of 6 Sigma problem solving and other strategy development tools.
* Bachelor’s degree required
* 3+ years experience with the demonstrated ability to execute significant projects and initiatives as well as develop strategic direction
* 3+ years of project management skills, project team leadership skills, and outstanding communication and collaboration abilities
* Ability to manage multiple priorities concurrently, reduce significant data to key trends and communicate and recommend relevant strategies
* The successful candidate is able present to senior leadership effectively and lead projects and individuals through influence and without formal leadership titles
Top Candidates will also have:
* Prior supervisory experience is a plus
* Knowledge of other functions that provide inputs regularly is highly desirable
* Must have the ability to learn and perform statistical and other analysis, possess basic computer skills, and be a results-oriented change agent who is an effective business systems thinker. Strong ability to manage risk and ambiguity as well as be a driven self starter
* A positive and professional demeanor will also be a significant contributor to success
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers (http://www.caterpillar.com/careers).
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.