Build your career at the company that sets the standard.
Caterpillar’s supply chain processes are so complex—and successful—that we’re regularly benchmarked by other companies and taught as a case study in many classrooms. Working here, you’ll take responsibility for ensuring we have the material we need, when and where we need it, to meet customer demand. That may involve interacting with suppliers or using the latest digital, analytics and forecasting tools to determine exactly how many units are needed in specific timeframes, locations and configurations.Caterpillar Large Power Systems Division (LPSD) designs and manufactures diesel, gas and reman, ranging from 400 kilowatts to 16 megawatts of power, and the key engine systems such as fuel, air, aftertreatment and cooling which are used to power oil & gas, electric power, marine, rail and Cat machine applications around the world.
The Large Power Systems Division has a Material Planning Analyst position located at our Griffin, GA facility. In this role, you will collaborates wil suppliers to ensure execution to planned orders and schedules, and helps resolve issues with suppliers to ensure material availability for facility production. The incumbent works with the supply chain, operations, warehouse and distribution personnel to support facility production and point of use material availability. Ensures alignment of facility inventory accuracy and right part right time initiatives to maintain planning integrity within the Clean to Build process.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Manages the Supply Chain functions associated with the LEC Clean to Build process
- Reviews and reconciles various material status reports
- Performs work to improve point of use material availability (Right Part Right Time), and may provide leadership and guidance to teams applying root cause analysis and corrective actions to improve material availability and point of use availability
- Ensures the timely delivery of materials to the facility, collaborating with LPA’s, suppliers and transportation functions to coordinate shipping schedules, deliveries and work schedules to meet facility production plans. Using supplier collaboration technologies, collaborates with suppliers, warehousing and operations to plan delivery of material for production.
- Actively collaborates with LPA’s to perform root cause corrective actions to resolve supplier shipping performance issues. This work requires the ability to communicate effectively across multiple functions both in and outside of the company.
- Assists LPAs in analyzing established parts schedules and production requirements and converting those requirements into appropriate piece parts supporting Right Part Right Time philosophy
- Works closely with facility supply chain planning resources to proactively address material requirements changes resulting from new product introduction and engineering / product change control and address current material planning issues (MOQs, box qtys, order points, etc)
- Support training of new LPAs
- Provides coverage for LPA desks and Morton Analyst desk as needed
- Creates and maintains Standard Work for LPAs and Material Support Analysts
- Provides coverage for some Supervisor functions as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain related-field and/or 5+ years' of equivalent Supply Chain/Distribution experience
- Previous experience Material Planning strategies (MRP, SAP, KANBAN, etc) and/or equivalent college course work
Top Candidates Qualifications:
- Knowledge and/or experience in material control, purchasing, parts distribution, inventory control, manufacturing engineering, operations and transportation or logistics desired
Strong analytical and problem-solving skill
Working knowledge of Excel Pivot tables and/or V-Lookup at intermediate level
Knowledge of 6 Sigma project management principle
Experience with Inventory Management Systems
Excellent interpersonal, teamwork, organization and communication skills
This position does offer relocation
This position requires 10% or less travel.
This posting will close on Tuesday, January, 21, 2020 at 11:59 pm cst.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.