WE BUILD WHAT MATTERS
What matters most to you? Is it being part of a strong team? Supporting your family? Solving global problems? You can do these and more at Caterpillar; where your work enables progress around the globe, and you contribute to meaningful work. Together, we can build what matters!
The Electric Power Division (EPD) has an exciting opportunity for an Engineering Manager within the Retail Electric Power Solutions (REPS) team located in Seguin, Texas. As an Engineering Manager at Caterpillar, you will be responsible for providing support at the Generator Set assembly facilities during New Product Introduction projects and for ongoing product maintenance and quality improvements. The successful candidate will report to the Applications Engineering Manager.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Lead a global team (spread across 4 continents) to complete objectives in design of or maintenance of products, processes, components, and systems
* Communicate results to global customers, suppliers, team members, and other business units
* Manage team’s budget on cost
* Mentor and coach work group
* Responsible for the supervision and technical direction to a staff of salaried, and management personnel including technical specialist(s) engaged in design activities related EPD REPS product lines which accomplish product maintenance and new product introduction objectives
* Bachelor's degree required
* 8+ years of experience of working in a product maintenance or design/development environment
* 3+ years of experience of supervisory experience
* Experience of creating and interpreting engineering drawings
Top Candidates will also have:
* Experience of leading projects.
* Working knowledge of generator & related control systems.
* Experience of working in a generating set or engine test environment.
* Experience of complex electrical system integration,
* Experience of enclosure / package design for electrical components.
* Excellent communication skills
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers (http://www.caterpillar.com/careers).
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply