This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Peoria, IL, United States
Date Posted: Jan 22, 2020
As a Senior Audit Manager, you will be responsible for managing the global operations of Caterpillar's Internal Audit function, providing coordinated, risk-based worldwide audit and assessment services for management and the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors. This position reports directly to the Chief Audit Officer, who in turn reports to the CFO and the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors. In this capacity, you will assist the Chief Audit Officer in identifying best practices through benchmarking other large companies, and then deploying changes throughout the division and lead SoX testing for the company.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
· Reporting to the incumbent are Audit Manager, Accounting Supervisor, Staff Auditor, as well as numerous staff positions required for SoX testing.
· Work is independent in nature and provides an objective appraisal of all functions of the company.
· Develop and direct a worldwide audit program to provide the basis for an opinion of the adequacy of internal controls.
· Direct or coordinate audits, as well as the audit plan, across Caterpillar.
· Work directly with management to provide guidance and to influence activities related to managing and improving the enterprise control environment.
· Assign audit projects, approve approach and objectives, visit locations to assist in oral presentations, counsel and direct local audit programs, training, and staffing with management.
· Approve and review written reports and provide summary to the responsible managers and to administrative officers of the company.
· Communicate and interpret policy at operation levels and follow the progress of corrective actions. The incumbent is responsible for reporting any acts of unethical conduct or mismanagement of the company's assets.
· Lead Sox testing for the company which requires managing outsourced work and providing independent reviews.
· The position’s primary customers are internal and include the Executive Office, the Admin Council, and the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors. The position is challenged to carefully evaluate problems and review a large number of possible solutions before selecting an option. Problems may be complex and can require the incumbent to develop solutions.
· Provide training, guidance, direction and motivation for subordinates and other Chief Audit Officer direct reports and is responsible for personnel issues and evaluations of subordinates.
· Develop, with the CACD leadership team, the strategy and future direction of CACD, which serve as CACD champion for Division personnel issues as well as Division communication efforts.
· Moderate travel required (10% - 20% of working time).
The preferred location for this role is Peoria, IL.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.