This opening is for part-time positions working 16 hours per week on Saturday and Sunday first shift (7 a.m. to 3 p.m.) ONLY.
As a Materials Specialist-II at Caterpillar, you will perform a variety of functions to check, receive, verify accuracy of our prime product. You will check, store, disburse or fill orders for parts, materials, tools, equipment and supplies.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Maintain and report daily receiving and shipping activities
* Safely perform the material handling and warehousing functions required in the receiving, processing, storing, moving, packing, and shipping of parts, materials equipment and supplies.
* Perform related and/or specialized clerical duties and resolves discrepancies as required. Maintains related clerical records and operates computer terminal and/or hand held scanner to access and update information for receiving, counting and order processing. Performs housekeeping functions as required.
* Uses mobile equipment as required to facilitate job functions.
* Reports defects and need for repairs.
Safety is a core value at Caterpillar. We owe it to our employees and their families to work in a safe and secure workplace. All candidates for employment must successfully pass a preemployment drug screen held to the DOT standards for prohibited substances, including marijuana.
* One year of previous work or volunteer experience
* Due to OSHA requirements, must be 18 years old
Physical Qualifications (with or without reasonable accommodation):
* Ability to frequently lift and carry boxes weighing up to 35 pounds for intervals of 15-30 minutes
* Infrequently lift and carry boxes weighing up to 50 pounds
* Work at heights of up to 20 feet from the floor
* Work in an environment with frequently changing temperatures
* Walk squat and bend over for intervals of 15-30 minutes
Top candidates will also have:
* Good communication skills and strong commitment to safety and teamwork
* Computer skills
* Ability to read/write and interpret documents, the ability to perform a variety of clerical functions and do basic math
* Ability to obtain forklift certification
* Part-time positions working 16 hours per week on Saturday and Sunday first shift
* Wage is $15.72
* Positions are in Morton, Illinois
* Must be at least 18 years of age
* There is no relocation offered for these positions
* Safety is a core value at Caterpillar. We owe it to our employees and their families to work in a safe and secure workplace. All candidates for employment must successfully pass a preemployment drug screen held to the DOT standards for prohibited substances, including marijuana.
Please ensure you frequently check the e-mail account you provided on your application, including the spam/junk folder, as this is the primary correspondence method in our recruiting process.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.Caterpillar.com/Careers