As an Environmental, Health and/or Safety Professional, you will serve as an experienced, individual contributor on Environmental, Health and/or Safety (EHS) projects and assignments that are complex in nature and that support and enhance Caterpillar facility performance and compliance.
This is a Divisional EHS Professional role, supporting
multiple global components manufacturing and R&D locations. The
incumbent will be a team member with the Divisional EHS Manager and safety lead to the ITDD product teams. The candidate will provide support
around EHS strategic initiatives, EHS Recipe implementation and continuous
improvements, and cultural initiatives which drive to zero incidents.
This person will:
key customers with support and direction during incident investigations
and root cause corrective actions
- Support the EHS Recipe for the ITDD division, being
able to work independently without a lot of direction and conduct onsite
and/or desktop Recipe and EHS Compliance Audits
- Prepare and distribute Divisional communications (must
- Have a thorough understanding of OSHA standards and/industry-standard ergonomics tools and processes, be able to provide
training and onsite support to conduct ergo assessments
- Demonstrate through example and projects the ability to
prepare Industrial Hygiene assessments, plans, and conduct sampling in the
factories and facility locations
- Challenge the status quo and champion new initiatives,
collaborating with team members and other teams, and keeping abreast of
advancing technology and regulations.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Identify applicable EHS regulations and evaluates impact to the facility
* Perform inspections and tests to verify compliance.
* Identify existing and potential EHS problems.
* Participate in developing corrective measures.
* Develop procedures to assure continuing compliance with regulations and organization standards.
* Develop management systems for EHS functions
* Perform EHS audits
* Develop EHS training programs
* Complete reports for submission to EPA or OSHA
* Monitor EHS performance and recommends priorities and actions for improvement.
* Review new products, equipment, and processes for potential risks and recommends modifications
* Collaborate with employees and supervisors to identify and mitigate EHS risks.
*Develop standards and work practices with line personnel and monitors conformance through EHS inspections.
* Ensure compliance with organization and government EHS standards.
* Bachelors degree in an appropriate scientific discipline
* 2 years EHS experience in lieu of a bachelor's degree
Top Candidates will also have:
* Strong analytical skills, ability to identify trends and provide recommendations and solutions to management and team members
* Strong technical leadership skills
* Must have ability to communicate effectively with team members and others in the work group, as well as customers and Suppliers
*Sustainability and or/ Environmental skills/technical background
*Innovative approach to systems, digitalization and safety improvements
*Demonstrated ability to lead projects and manage deadlines and meet customer expectations
*Travel is required 10%-25 % of the time
assistance is not available for the position. Any relocation costs will
be incurred by the candidate.
not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future
require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company,
Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be
found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.