Are you passionate about customer success?
Caterpillar provides solutions to its customers far beyond the initial equipment sale. Services provided to customers after purchase leverage their connected equipment and our outstanding field technology, and decades of product, service and application expertise to enhance performance. Caterpillar's Global Aftermarket Solutions Division (GASD) exists to support enterprise efforts to deliver value-added services to customers. Working alongside our dealers, we serve customer needs throughout the product lifecycle.
Services is where we are investing our time, talent and money because they drive value for our customers by reducing total owning and operating costs. If you have a passion for helping customers succeed, now is a great time to join GASD.
JOB PURPOSE: To develop new business and manage Global, Regional and/or Local Mining Accounts through the development of sound business relationships.
JOB RELATED STATISTICS:
Sales impact: Varies by District and Area
- Accountable for Growing POPS and Integrated Procurement corporately with designated managed account portfolio.
- Accountable for executing key aftermarket initiatives (i.e. business cases, demand planning, contracts, connectivity) with business partners for designated accounts.
- Develop and maintain Managed Accounts Dashboard to track Aftermarket KPIs by account corporately.
- Work with Account Managers, ASRs, and Industry reps to identify and track Aftermarket KPIs by site.
- Facilitate and support consistent, equitable aftermarket commercial support
- Work with dealers to clarify and understand their CBI (cost build up index) for designated managed account portfolio.
- Develop and maintain effective internal partner relationships and relationships with managed account managers, dealers, and customers to achieve parts sales growth.
- Develop and execute managed account strategies and activities for named accounts including Individual Aftermarket Account Plans for designated accounts.
- Establish high-level relationships with business decision makers and identify business needs and problems.
- Develop and implement strategies for managed account customers as well as securing commitment of Caterpillar and Dealer resources to assure continued customer satisfaction.
- Act as a consultant to various departments within Caterpillar including, but not limited to, GASD RI Regional field managers and personnel, GASD parts pricing team, Mining Regional Field teams and the Mining Global Accounts regarding the direction and strategies for aftermarket with managed accounts.
- Consult with dealers, aftermarket and industry regions, and global accounts on the subject of sales and service support of product to managed account customers.
- Act as the GASD member of global accounts deal teams and Mining Managed Accounts Discount Review Board.
- Travel in the field to understand customer fleet and critical requirements and develop aftermarket solutions and/or other types of program planning for managed accounts.
- Regularly visit to mine sites and corporate offices (foreign and domestic) to provide advice and counsel to managed account customers.
- Ensure account decision makers are fully exposed to features and benefits available from Caterpillar products, dealers, and marketing before finalizing purchasing decisions.
- Communicate effectively across product, industry, dealer and customer audiences to gain understanding and acceptance of ideas and recommendations.
- Work effectively with people from different backgrounds and cultures, internally and externally, with the appropriate influence and ability to resolve differences.
- Good human relations skills are required to develop a collaborative/cooperative work relationship with others inside and outside the business unit.
- Generally requires extensive travel to understand regional or worldwide business conditions.
- Position works independently with considerable freedom of action and is broadly subject to functional policies and ultimate goals.
- Manages the compliance of assignments and keeps up to date with new industry trends, changing technology and regulations affecting the competitive environment.
- Provide counsel and governance to regional teams on the construct and execution of customer specific agreements.
- Travel Requirement is 50%
- Domestic relocation is available for this position
- Bachelor's degree required
- 10+ years experience in specific mining and aftermarket, commercial or technical field experience, or parts pricing experience
- 6+ years experience with dealer facing role
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
- Great communication skills
- Knowledge and methods of aftermarket solutions, equipment application, new technology and distribution methods
- Account Management experience
- Supervisory experience
- Project Management experience
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment based non-immigrant and immigrant visas. However, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website www.Caterpillar.com/careers.