WE BUILD WHAT MATTERS
What matters most to you? Is it being part of a strong team? Supporting your family? Solving global problems? You can do these and more at Caterpillar; where your work enables progress around the globe and you contribute to meaningful work. Together, we can build what matters. Caterpillar’s Industrial Power Systems Division (IPSD) is responsible for design, manufacture, marketing, and sales of industrial engines for both Cat and Perkins brands product engines. Our global facilities enable us to support our customers wherever they are located in the world.
Caterpillar's IPSD currently has an Application & Installation Engineer in Seguin, TX. In this role, as an Application and Installation (A&I) engineer you will support CAT dealers / Perkins Distributors and direct OEM customers through Concept, Design, Testing and Reporting product development stages. Technical support for the Americas sales and Continuous Product Improvement (CPI). Support Americas A&I network training initiatives. Support worldwide A&I network on industrial engines.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Support dealer/distributor and direct OEM’s projects via A&I, taking them to production
- Assure Americas dealer and distributor A&I capability
- Support global team with deep A&I expertise on Industrial engines
- Manage A&I services for Americas region
- Support Industrial sales teams by providing A&I technical information to drive additional engine sales
- Build strong relationships with selling dealers and distributors in the Americas region
- Manage and track A&I documentation in Salesforce to assure production readiness to meet agreed to dates
- 50% travel required
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Agricultural, Mechanical Engineering 1+ years in related industry experience or an Associates Technology degree + 5 years in related industry experience.
Working knowledge of the physical design and functional characteristics of diesel engines, aftertreatment systems.
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
- Ability to deal with sensitive issues, mentor and coach and/or persuade others on new technologies, new applications, or potential solutions
- Strong written and oral communications skills, ability to crisply and concisely convey complex information, including the development of presentations for executive management
- Instrumentation and data acquisition testing experience of engine and/or machine
- Prior A&I experience
- Prior dealer/customer experience
- Prior sales experience
- Working knowledge of the physical design and functional characteristics of machine applications
- Electrical / Electronics background
- Highly skilled in project timeline management
This position requires 50% of travel
This position will close Tuesday, January 21, 2019 at 11:59 PM CST
This position offers relocation
Caterpillar provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers