This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Green Valley, AZ, United States
Date Posted: Jan 24, 2020
DescriptionCaterpillar’s Surface Mining & Technology Division is currently seeking a Senior Mechanic. In this role you will have the opportunity to perform complex repairs on all types of mining and construction equipment in a safe manner with minimal supervision. This repair work requires advanced mechanical skills together with advanced diagnostic capabilities.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
· Performs complex assembly and disassembly of mining and construction equipment which includes performing diagnostic analysis to identify necessary repairs or improvements to major equipment systems including but not limited to engine, transmission, final drive, hydraulics, electrical, etc. Reads engineering drawings, schematics, service manuals and work orders for directions and safe operating practices.
· Performs safety, serviceability, and repair and evaluations on all equipment.
· Works with minimal supervision to perform all jobs.
· Operates all types of mining and construction maintenance support equipment with full knowledge of machine systems and safe operation.
· Communicates through verbal and written reports with technical staff, visitors, customers and other employees.
· Uses limited instrumentation to determine the root cause of problems.
· Trains others in performing repair work, reading service manuals, maintenance manuals and vehicle schematics.
· Use oxy-acetylene and arc welding equipment to perform non-critical repairs or equipment modifications. Reads and understands engineering drawings and performs layout of welding work.
· Works effectively in a team environment. Shifts easily into the role of either team member or team leader.
Top candidates will also have:
Ability to use VisView software to open and view CAD models of Caterpillar assemblies. Experience using online Caterpillar engineering drawings (in EPIX or HVC), 1E Specifications (in REDI), and service information on Cat SIS Web.
Experience on multiple mining and construction machine types including haul trucks, shovels, excavators, loaders, tractors, and motor graders
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers