This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Mossville, IL, United States
Date Posted: Jan 18, 2020
For more than 90 years, Caterpillar Inc. has been making sustainable progress possible and driving positive change on every continent. Customers turn to Caterpillar to help them develop infrastructure, energy and natural resource assets.
We are the world's leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. Our company principally operates through its three primary segments - Construction Industries, Resource Industries and Energy & Transportation - and also provides financing and related services through its Financial Products segment.
Caterpillar’s Innovation and Technology Development Division is currently seeking a Motor Grader Validation Lead in Mossville, IL Building AC. In this role you will perform engineering assignments while building a detailed knowledge of the Electrical and Electronic Systems on Caterpillar’s products and the technologies that they enable. System Integration testing is the last step in the Cat Electronics verification process. It is important that we get it right so that customers (both internal and external) get quality software.
This position is responsible for leading the lab-based software and system validation efforts on our MG product line. This work includes the following:
· Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university in Engineering or Computer Science and
· 9 + years of experience in the testing or development of embedded controls on mobile equipment and
· Candidates with Masters degrees can deduct 2 years from required experience
· Candidates with Associate/Technology degrees must add 2 years to required experience
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
· Previous experience with NI or dSPACE testing equipment
· Experience programming in Python and/or C/C++
· Knowledge of Motor Grader Product line or substantial experience with Subsystem development on Caterpillar products
· Ability to communicate technical information effectively with team members and others in work group, as well as employees in other units, customers, and suppliers
· Previous experience with Matlab/Simulink/Dynasty simulation tools
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.