This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Athens, GA, United States
Date Posted: Jan 24, 2020
As a Material Planning Analyst, you will collaborate with suppliers to ensure execution to planned orders and schedules and resolve issues with suppliers to ensure material availability for facility production. You will work with the facility production schedulers and operations personnel to support facility production and point of use material availability. You will ensure alignment of facility inventory accuracy and inventory systems planning parameters with the plan for every part to maintain planning integrity.
Job Duties May Include, But Are Not Limited To:
* Ensure the timely delivery of materials to the facility, collaborating with suppliers to coordinate deliveries, shipping schedules and work schedules to meet facility production plans.
* Use supplier collaboration technologies, collaborates with suppliers and operations to plan delivery of material for production.
* Actively collaborate with suppliers to perform root cause corrective actions to resolve quality and supplier performance issues. This work may require planning for alternate manufacturing methods.
* Analyze established parts schedules and production requirements, converting requirements into appropriate piece parts, requisitioning the materials, regulating inventory levels and issuing work orders.
* Analyze engineering releases for changes and/or new releases and coordinate effective release dates to provide an efficient depletion of related existing stock items.
* Manage and perform supplier scheduling and implementation of engineering changes for the efficient manufacture of products and components.
* Support supply chain performance efforts by monitoring and tracking supplier performance metrics.
* Perform work to improve point of use material availability, applying root cause analysis and corrective actions.
* Provide Material Planning expertise to facility functions in support of improving demand variability, forecast credibility and usability for production planning.
* Bachelors degree
* 1-3 years of Supply Chain Planning experience
* Previous project management experience
* Inventory Management and Production Planning experience
* Excellent interpersonal, teamwork, organization and communication skills
Top candidates will also have:
* New Product Introduction (NPI) experience
* SAP Experience
* APICS CPIM or CSPC National Certification highly desired
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
* Ability to use and troubleshoot the MRP
* Knowledge and/or experience in material control, purchasing, parts distribution, inventorycontrol, manufacturing engineering, operations and transportation or logistics desired