Caterpillar has an exciting opportunity for a Division Communications Representative located in Peoria, IL. In this role, you will provide communications expertise for the Industrial Powers Systems Division (IPSD), supporting the Caterpillar Defense and Energy & Transportation (E&T) Purchasing groups. This role will also provide some experience in the general HR function through support for the local HR Manager as required. The successful candidate will be an excellent communicator and maintain high standards as this role will include tactical communications support for several groups in the business, including senior leaders across the organization.
IPSD is a high performing team with a workforce of over 8000 based in 16 countries across the world. The division is made up of several groups supporting a wide customer base through diverse product and service offerings. The Caterpillar Defense team provides standard products, modification of existing products, or entirely new products, to branches of the military and to U.S. federal civilian agencies. The E&T Purchasing group are accountable for purchasing and sourcing across a number of divisions, including IPSD.
purpose: To provide consultation and support on a variety of internal and external communications assignments. The incumbent is an effective practitioner with some experience as a communications consultant. The assignments will be broad, complex and challenging in nature. The incumbent has an interest in gaining some experience in the general HR function.
duties/responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- The focus of the position is to support the development and delivery of communications for the Caterpillar Defense and E&T purchasing groups in IPSD. The position will also provide on-site communication support for IPSD employees based in Mossville. The successful candidate will work across a global team, with customers based at multiple locations.
- Ensure development and production of communication materials to achieve departmental objectives aligned with divisional and corporate objectives.
- This position acts as an advisor or consultant to senior management on communications, developing and executing communication plans for a variety of local and global initiatives.
- Responsible for deliverables that include speeches, video scripts, presentations, newsletter articles, website and internal all-employee meetings; working on multiple communications activities and managing non-repeating projects.
- Internal communication outlets utilized will include newsletters, Web sites, videos/streaming media, employee meetings, presentations, correspondence, special events, cascades, etc. External communications roles will include providing support for the Caterpillar Defense marketing group as required.
- Perform active consulting functions with general managers, global business process owners, executive leaders, special interest groups and suppliers.
- Provide support and coaching to less experienced communications representatives across our global locations.
- Work effectively across functional boundaries to deliver communication solutions – partnering with our internal marketing group, Corporate Public Affairs and other communicators across IPSD as well as with external groups.
- The position works to develop innovative processes or methods to best use resources and technology in meeting the quality goals.
- The position will provide support to the local HR Manager as required, focused on support for standard HR processes and activities.
- The position line manages a communications intern who provides support to the E&T purchasing group.
- Limited travel required (Less than 10% of working time).
A college or university degree in marketing, communications or a
3+ years' of
progressively responsible communications-related experience
Candidates Will Also Have:
Strong organization skills
Ability to maintain
Technical competence in the field
of communications, including writing skills and experience
Excellent team working skills to
develop a cooperative work relationship with others inside and outside of the
Experience of working across
functional boundaries and global time zones
Knowledge of latest
This position does offer relocation
Flexible work locations will be considered with a minimum requirement of three (3) days per week based in the Peoria office
This position requires 10% or less travel.
This posting will close on Thursday, January, 23, 2020 at 11:59 pm cst.
Caterpillar is not currently
hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require
sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company,
Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be
found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers