Sr. IT Analyst - Applications
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: East Peoria, IL, United States
Date Posted: Jan 22, 2020
Provides application and technical leadership in the development, support and implementation of infrastructure projects. Applies systems solutions to business/technical problems through customer interactions, and by providing assistance to less experienced analysts in the design, programming, debugging, testing, support and integration/implementation of complex, medium to large-sized information technology systems.
- The primary responsibility of the Technical Lead is to understand all components required to provide the required business functionality and manage the Datastage and Snaplogic Infrastructure and development stacks. Interface with the managed service provider’s technical leads and help drive improvements to reduce cost and/or bring new value to Caterpillar.
- Work with EA Product Architects to define Product roadmap and Lead initiatives to implement
- Act as the Liaison for GTS to maintain availability and performance needs with all infrastructure components in the solution stack
- Act as a Level 4 Subject Matter expert to help resolve issues and be an Escalation points for technical issues from the managed service provider
- Understand new product capabilities and help drive the implementation and usage
- Participate in Problem Management activities
- Complete all BRP / BCP activities with the managed service provider, as needed, to achieve GIS’s goals
- Understand how tools and systems should be used and create and distribute procedural documentation
- Ability to speak the technical jargon in his/her area of expertise
- Provide insights to Consultant for continuous improvement and participate on projects as needed.
- Review and approve technical decisions from development teams
- Assessments of AS Is and To Be states, create transformation plans with Benchmarks of future states
- Support business acquisition and assist in business assimilation
- Evaluate and/or develop Innovation ideas and solutions for technology stack
- Participate in technical design specification activities as needed
- Develop and Execute infrastructure capacity planning process
- Define and provide training to Consultant trainers on Caterpillar specific tools and processes
- Identify risks in technologies and work with Managed Service Provider and Demand Manager to implement recommended actions to mitigate
- Participate in Consultant led projects to drive continuous improvement, as Caterpillar deems necessary
- Communicate planned/unplanned outages related to systems supported by Consultant
- Act as a matrix architect for EA
- Work with Technical Leads and business partners to understand and execute availability and Performance in environments (Test, QA, Pre-Prod, Prod)
- Identify, understand and remediate the impacts of enterprise changes to the environments.
- Work with cloud vendor to implement patches and upgrades
- Work with CAT AWS team to implement and maintain the Snaplogic environments
Technical Bachelors or Master’s Degree
3+ years of experience in Datastage Development and Infrastructure Support
3+ years of experience with infrastructure technologies (servers, storage, virtualization, cloud offerings, etc.)
3+ years of experience with Monitoring systems and/or applications
Should have an ability to learn new skills at a faster pace
Able to work well with teams distributed globally
Experience in Snaplogic is optional
Good problem solving abilities
Ability to network with peers and achieve results through others
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers