As a Systems and Software Lead,
- Be the global technical expert and a key contributor in the concept, development and design of complex components, software modules, subsystems or processes for locomotive products including after market services
- Provide Technical guidance to the global cross functional teams (software development, validation and hardware)
- Contribute to the planning and delivery of projects
- Stay abreast of innovative technology with continuous learning
Mentor, coach and teach team members and deepen your professional network
Provide technical guidance on needs analysis and initiate ideas
Gather requirements from product groups/customers, develop, analyze and work with cross functional teams in execution of projects
Lead cross functional teams to the design of new products and processes
Evaluate and promote new products, processes or systems
Provide technical guidance on Product and Process maintenance
Communicate results to product groups/customers, suppliers, team members and other business units
* Bachelor’s degree (or international equivalent) in an accredited Engineering, Computer Science curriculum
* 10 to 15 years of relevant work experience, preferably locomotive domain.
* Atleast 5 years of experience in Locomotive systems and software (loco controllers, wayside equipment, train inspection systems)
* Good knowledge on all locomotive systems (including electrical, electronics and mechanical)
* Good programming skills (Embedded C, C++)
* Atleast 3 to 5 years of project leadership experience
* Strong analytical skills.
* Strong communication skills.
* Master’s degree (or international equivalent) in an accredited Engineering, Computer Science, or Materials Science curriculum
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.