This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Peoria, IL, United States
Date Posted: Jan 23, 2020
Caterpillar's Product Support & Logistics Division is seeking a Senior Staff Accountant. In a Senior Staff Accounting position, you will provide expertise on complex business, financial or managerial issues within a business unit or corporate environment. You will have the opportunity to become one of our future business leaders. You will be in a position to demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills as well as high levels of leadership and initiative.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Financial analysis and support of OPACC growth strategy
* Enterprise coordination and/or governance of costing and/or investment activities
* Product group and/or operational strategy development & execution
* Low cost producer analysis
* Global footprint and sourcing strategy
* Estimating various forecast and budget scenarios as needed based on changing business conditions
* Financial accounting including monthly coordination of analysis and preparation of management reporting packages
* Presentation and explanation of results to management
* Bachelor's level degree in Accounting; Non-Accounting degree requires 18 hours of core accounting courses or approved certification (CPA/CMA)
* 4-6 years of accounting experience
* Professional Certification (Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Management Accountant (CMA) or equivalent)
* MBA or Master’s Degree in Accounting (or equivalent).
* 3.0 / 4.0 Grade Point Average (Account GPA & Cumulative GPA) or equivalent.
* Accounting experience at a large public accounting firm or a Fortune 500 company.
initiative, leadership, good judgment and accountability
* Demonstrate very good communication skills and have a comprehensive knowledge of Caterpillar businesses, products, suppliers and customers
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers