Job Title: Senior IT Analyst - Applications
Salary: £45,550 – £52,000 (Depending on Experience)
Location: Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
Benefits: 25 days annual leave,
Up to 12% Annual Bonus
Contributory pension scheme - Caterpillar will double the employee's contribution
Contributory share scheme - Caterpillar will match 50% of the employee's contribution up to 10%
High Street Discount
Relocation/ Sponsorship: Not Considered
Flexible working arrangements will be considered for this role, in-line with the needs of the business.
Who is Caterpillar? What do we do?
Caterpillar is a world leader in construction and mining equipment—creating innovative, cutting-edge products
and services that help our customers build the world around us. With that level of impact comes the platform
to care for the world, we work in. That’s why we lead sustainable green initiatives to preserve the environment,
help reduce poverty with the Caterpillar Foundation and stay involved in the communities we help build.
What will Caterpillar do for you?
From day one, you’re set up to thrive at Caterpillar: helpful training, relatable mentors, global experience, competitive salary package, work-life balance and the growth opportunities you expect with a Fortune 100 company.
DEPARTMENT and JOB OVERVIEW
The successful candidate will join the Energy & Transportation IT (E&T IT) team based in Peterborough. The role is to assist Industrial Power Systems Division by acting as the liaison between IT and various worldwide business units in the development, modification and use of information systems within the Manufacturing function. Specific focus will be on developing detailed understating of the global manufacturing processes, building successful partnerships to define and improve the execution of IT systems across the manufacturing business capabilities.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
• Gather/communicate business requirements from customer groups primarily in the Manufacturing space and articulate in a project brief.
• Via requirements gathering provide costs for project execution and ongoing costs for support.
• Engage with Enterprise Architects, IT Suppliers in order to identify and down select the most appropriate and sustainable solution for new deployments and present in a product and business strategy roadmap
• Create and maintain relationships with key business owners, to manage a project portfolio across several business sites across the Enterprise.
• Manage product lifecycle for Manufacturing applications to ensure compliance regarding technology and security.
• Develop a product roadmap for systems owned,
• Create functional business specifications for new systems or major modifications to systems;
• Manage validation processes with business partners and Enterprise Architects where required.
• Act as a stakeholder in the ongoing project lifecycle; respond to customer inquiries related to system enhancements, problems, and information requests.
Skills and Experience:
Candidates will have gained the following skills and experience through previous roles:
• Experienced leader of major IT portfolios such as resource planning, project launch and cost analysis.
• Proficient user of project management methodologies (Waterfall and Agile).
• Experience working with onshore/offshore team model.
• Demonstrated ability to empower teams local and remote.
• Demonstrated excellent planning and organizational skills
Candidates may have gained the following skills and experience through previous roles:
• Experience of high-volume manufacturing environments.
• Familiar with Industry 4.0 Solutions
• Familiar with IT Service Management (ITSM)
• Demonstrated ability of creating and growing excellent Business Relationships
• Experience of products such as Oracle Weblogic, ADF, Linux RHEL, PL\SQL
NB. The panel cannot make assumptions when shortlisting therefore please demonstrate your qualifications and experience on your CV relevant to the criteria outlined.
Pending the number of applications, the criteria for the position may be enhanced to facilitate shortlisting.