Job Title: Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Salary: £51,000 - £63,000 depending on experience
Benefits: 25 days annual leave + bank holidays, Car Allowance £580per month, 18% Bonus, Share Scheme (50% Company Matched), Contributory Pension Scheme (Contribution double by Company up to 10%), Free Car Parking, Caterpillar Advantage website
Location: Stockton-on-Tees, County Durham
Hours: Full Time - 37
Travel: up to 5% to include Global
Relocation/Sponsorship: Relocation will be considered for the right candidate, International Sponsorship is not supported on this occasion
Closing Date: Tuesday 21 January
Job Reference: 2000000J
*Flexible Working will be considered*
Building Construction Products at Leicester is dedicated to the assembly of small construction machines, typically used on building and construction sites - Backhoe Loaders and Compact Wheel Loaders. Founded in 1952, Leicester was the first venture by Caterpillar, outside the United States. The Caterpillar Building Construction Products' fabrication facility at Stockton uses the latest technology to cut, weld and machine all the major structures for use at its assembly plant at Leicester.
At Caterpillar, we are committed to a diverse and inclusive environment that values and respects the unique talents, experiences and viewpoints of our global employees. Our vision is to continually develop the Best Team to build innovative solutions for our global customers, deliver superior results for our stockholders and positively impact the people and communities we serve.
As a Manufacturing Engineering Manager at Caterpillar you will be responsible for manufacturing processes, tooling, and equipment to economically produce products, components and assemblies, and provide concurrent process functions from design concept through implementation.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Operates as a member of the facility leadership team to create, develop and execute strategic plans
- Daily supervision, training and development of Manufacturing Engineering and Support teams
- Works jointly with engineering, purchasing and quality departments on concurrent product and process designs
- Coordinates the introduction of new technologies, new products and engineering changes into the production environment
- Develops the facility layout and production area allocations to ensure effective implementation of modern technology and manufacturing techniques
- Develops process improvements that allow Operations to continuously reduce the production costs
- Ensures relevant regulatory compliance
- Maintains budgetary controls for the section
NB. The panel cannot make assumptions when shortlisting therefore please demonstrate your qualifications and experience on your CV relevant to the criteria outlined.
Skills, experience & qualifications you will have;
- Tactical leadership experience within a manufacturing environment
- Experience and thorough knowledge of the following; planning system, manufacturing operations, facilities, methods and tooling
- Analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Interpersonal and collaboration skills.
Skills, experience & qualifications you may have;
- Technical school or college or university degree in an engineering and/or manufacturing/operation-related discipline
- Experience of NPI products
We are a Disability Confident Committed Employer
Pending the number of applications, the criteria for the position may be enhanced to facilitate shortlisting.
To apply for this position please visit Log onto Caterpillar Careers (http://www.caterpillar.com/en/careers) > Careers > Search and apply > Experienced Professionals > paste the job number from then advert into the search box and then follow the application process.