This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Peoria, IL, United States
Date Posted: Jan 22, 2020
Caterpillar Global Financial Services Division (GFSD) is
seeking an Accounting Manager in Peoria, IL.
This position leads a team that provides financial support to the Global
Facilities business within the Indirect Services Division of GFSD.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may
include, but are not limited to:
* Managing primarily management personnel who perform accounting functions of varying complexity including working with selected financial systems, interpreting and adhering to Caterpillar's accounting practices and procedures
* Business analysis through discounted cash flow for low to high complexity projects
* Evaluates and reports on staff performance, participates in employee selection, provides career guidance and training direction, complies with personnel practices, and promotes team rewards and successes
* Participating in the development and support of business strategies
* Proactively interacts with customers to develop, understand and manage customer requirements and expectations
* Serves as liaison between customer, team and data providers and manages customer relationships
* Identifies, establishes, prioritizes and communicates goals and objectives of team
* Provides technical guidance and expertise on business issues of global impact and/or high complexity such as investment analysis, product cost studies, consolidations process and corporate financial results analysis, and customer requirements analysis
* Support and manage the accountable
reporting requirements for the Global Facilities team
* Demonstrates a comprehensive knowledge of Caterpillar's businesses, products, suppliers and customers
* Collaborate with internal and external parties as appropriate.
*Bachelor's level degree in Accounting;
Non-Accounting degree requires 18 hours of core accounting courses or approved certification
* 6-8 years of accounting experience
* Professional Certification (Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Management Accountant (CMA) or equivalent)
* MBA or Master’s Degree in Accounting (or equivalent)
* Prior supervisory experience
* Must demonstrate high levels of initiative, leadership, good judgment and superior communication skills
* Demonstrated excellence in Leadership, Initiative, Communication, Interpersonal, Judgment and Analytical skills.
* Demonstrated success and progression in previously held accounting roles
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers