This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Mossville, IL, United States
Date Posted: Jan 17, 2020
WE BUILD WHAT MATTERS
There’s more to work at Caterpillar than just the work itself. We hire smart, friendly people and it shows in our culture. We hold ourselves to high standards and make sure our values of integrity, excellence, teamwork, commitment and sustainability come to life in the way we work. We make sure our employees feel continuously challenged while also supported. We provide professional growth opportunities, including leadership programs. We celebrate the diversity of our team, while also working together as one Caterpillar.
Our culture, like everything at our company, is made possible by each employee’s contribution. Person by person, we create the environment we work in, and we are proud of the Caterpillar we’ve built.
This role primarily serves as a welding engineer for research and support of business units. The role develops and evaluates welding processes that meet or improve weld safety, quality, velocity and cost. Business unit support includes development of weld quality plans, troubleshooting and root cause analysis, weld process or parameter development, or other joining related needs. The role as contributes to maintaining joining related specifications, standards and manufacturing practices.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but at not limited to:
* Lead or contribute to welding/fabrication research projects
* Collaborate on multi-disciplinary technical assistance teams to provide superior welding process solutions
* Collaborate with the Caterpillar welding community to develop and implement welding processes
* Mentor less experienced welding engineers
* Keep up to date on new technologies in the areas of joining
* Communicate welding process improvements to the Caterpillar welding community
*Ability to communicate technical information effectively with team members and others in the Caterpillar welding community
* Ability to function as an individual contributor or project team leader
* Ability to network and establish collaborative relationships within Caterpillar
* Good communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.