Location: Wuxi, 32, China
Date Posted: Dec 24, 2019
In support of the design ownership of 1100 series engine responsibilities in Wuxi, a new role is required to manage the engineering of that platform to meet future customer and business needs.
This position will report to the 1100 Series PEM in the Wuxi Platform Engineering team and will primarily be responsible for leading specific NPI projects. However it is the intention for this role to develop an individual to play a significant part in the management and ownership of this platform in the future.
As an Engineer Project Team Leader in the Wuxi Platform Engineering team, you will coach, guide and facilitate the development of a global work group, including customers suppliers and other functional groups, to deliver engineering new content to the 1100 Series platform. To ensure goals are achieved you will be an individual who seeks accountability inside and outside your direct sphere of influence, you will be a self starter and comfortable in leading moderately complex engineering workflow without direct supervision. You will also provide leadership and technical direction in product / process design, development or research. You will create and maintain a team climate / culture which encourages innovation, collaboration, excitement / commitment and a sense of urgency towards business success. Indirect work group size will vary over 20 employees with a programme spend of $5M to $10M.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may
include, but are not limited to:
* In this role, you will also deepen your knowledge base of Caterpillar’s products, technologies, processes, services and systems, which you will use to:
* Lead work group to complete objectives in design of products, processes, components, and systems;
* Communicate results to global customers, suppliers, team members, and other business units;
* Manage projects budget on cost; and
* Mentor and coach team members.
* Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in an accredited Engineering, Computer Science, or Materials Science curriculum;
* 10 years engineering (design, development)
* Strong analytical skills; and
* Proven team leadership skills.
* 5 years engine engineering (design, development) knowledge and experience of product leadership
* Experience leading a NPI programme as an engineering or product lead or previous technical Black Belt success