This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Chennai, TN, India
Date Posted: May 21, 2020
As a Design Engineer at Caterpillar, you will have an opportunity to perform design, development, and maintenance of new or existing products and components.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
· Responsible for Design\ Detailing a Packaging Skids for Gas Turbine Systems.
· Implementing the Turbo- Machineries packaging skids based on P&ID
· Supports New Product and Maintenance Projects
· Resolves Field, Factory, Engineering issues for maintenance
· Appropriately prioritize and multi-tasks to complete projects
· Accountable individual who follows through and completes assigned tasks
· Job will require interfacing with various organizations at Solar Turbines utilizing excellent written and verbal communications skills
· Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical / Aeronautical Engineering
· 3 to 5 Years Turbo- Machineries Mechanical packaging design for Gas Turbine\Steam Turbine.
· Knowledge of multiple Turbomachinery system applications, design and operations
· Knowledge of Industrial Piping Standards & Specifications
· Proficiency in Creo or other modelling or simulation tools.
· Experience in Windchill.
· Experience in FEA results analysis and interpretation
· Experience in resolving engineering issues with manufacturing / factory floor
· Experience in Engineering, Testing, Commissioning, Operation & Maintenance of Turbo-machinery Equipment.