This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Chennai, TN, India
Date Posted: Jan 19, 2020
Accountable for identifying and implementing actions to solve the
necessary tasks to resolve product problems, develop new products, and advance turbomachinery
Authority to apply new technology and concepts and to determine their applicability.
Understand the business needs of development programs and uses these needs to balance the drive toward high technology and analytical perfection.
In addition to accountabilities associated with lower grades, performs specific engineering assignments which could include (but are not limited to) any combination of the following major activities:
· Develop effective engineering solutions to assigned tasks that meet Company/program objective while minimizing the expenditure of resources
· Identity potential problems, surface technical issues, and act accordingly
· Perform as an effective team member in cross-functional teams and act in a professional manner to drive toward consensus
· Identity business and technical needs to enhance the competitive position of the Company and contribute to the actions required to satisfy these needs
is to fulfill the electrical engineering needs for projects include gas
compression and power generation plants.
Electrical Engineer provides design/analytical electrical engineering for projects and proposals to assure that design and equipment meets customer specifications and industry codes and standards.
· Responsible for Electrical design & maintenance for new production orders, aftermarket, new product development, retrofits, refurbishments, and upgrades to support varying configurations sold to the customer.
· Understanding Custom Order Requirement in Gas Turbines and Factory technicians Change requests and able to perform investigations in design based on root cause analysis, defining corrective actions for diversified products and custom features
· Should understand and be able to direct the development of all Electrical Calculations including Short Circuit, Load Flow and Relay Coordination.
· Will handle specification creation and modification, scope drawings creation and review of equipment specifications (Fuel system, Lubrication, Fire & Gas Protection, Vibration Monitoring, Auxiliary Systems Control, BOP, Generator, etc). Scope drawings include, among others, high, medium and low voltage One Line diagrams, Area classification, block diagrams, power and control cable raceways, grounding, lightning, and cable schedules. HV. MV and LV applications are directly related to power generation packages, and power supply to Gas compressor installations.
· Applicant’s background should include deep knowledge of NEC and familiarity with IEC, ATEX and other codes and standards as applied to Electrical balance of plant equipment including common international codes such as API and NFPA.
· Designs and specifies electrical equipment as found commonly in the Oil & Gas environment.
· Participates in project design reviews, and HAZOP reviews.
· Interface with multi discipline teams during the definition of equipment scope and throughout project execution.
· Assists in design of electrical system operating logic.
· Ability to work on agile methodology
· Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical & Electronics Engineering.
· Minimum of 7- 10 years Oil and Gas industry experience.
· 5 or more years of experience/solid knowledge in NEC, familiarity with IEC, ATEX, other codes and standards as applied to Electrical balance of plant equipment including common international codes such as API and NFPA.
· Design and Commissioning experience in Gas turbines or any Power generation Industry (Especially Rotating Equipment’s)
· Experience in PLC Hardware and Software (Allen Bradley & RsLogix Ladder Logic is added advantage)
· Experience in Windchill (or equivalent) product life cycle management
· Conversant with E-Cad drafting software Promis-e or Similar advanced Software’s and familiarity in ANSI/IEC standards
· Electrical Equipment - Data Sheets Preparation
· Electrical Project documents preparation, incl. cooperation in the preparation of Operation and Controls Philosophy.
· Power and controls wiring.
· Preparation of projects Electrical power and controls drawings.
· Lead Electrical engineering team.
· Vendors drawings and documents review.
· Use of Electrical engineering analytical tools, such as ETAP.
· Demonstrated proficiency in problem solving and troubleshooting.
· Effective communication skills, both written and oral, in the English language.
· Sense of urgency and good organizational skills are required to work with multiple projects and competing priorities.