When you Join Team Caterpillar, as a Quality Supervisor, you will lead a team that perform tactical Quality Management duties, responding to daily quality issues arising in the manufacturing facility. You will work using quality processes, plans and tools that are part of Caterpillar’s Quality Management System and the Caterpillar Production System.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Ensure compliance to QS9000 internal certification requirements, accomplished by conducting and reporting internal audits.
* Maintain and publish defect reports that are recorded and reported at all levels from start on line to OEM.
* Quality contact for customers, contact for the day to day shop quality issues, including coordinating the holds due to quality and the rework needed.
* Develops spec sheets for data analysis and process capability analysis.
* Responsible for development and information collection for inspection reports.
* Supervises or manages a work unit of employees where planning, scheduling, monitoring and reviewing work is required.
* Responsible for all personnel issues and performance evaluation of team.
* Responsible for verifying that quality is being maintained throughout the assembly and manufacturing process.
* Work with assembly Planning, Engineering, Operations and other functional areas in establishing audit procedures, audit frequencies and quality teams to insure customers are receiving a Caterpillar quality product.
* Works with manufacturing operations to identify high scrap and rework areas and initiates investigations for establishing subsequent improvements.
* Responsible for the design of the less complex tests for accuracy of in-house processes, and develops charts to monitor related results.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience of engineering
* Requires a broad knowledge of manufacturing and assembly procedures (machining, heat treat, assembly and inspection) planning processes, work standards relative to manufacturing and inspection and a thorough background in statistical quality control data and gaging specifications
* Good interpersonal skills are essential to develop a cooperative working relationship with others, both inside and outside the organization
* Good analysis, diagnostic and judgment skills and good computer skills
* Good communication, interpersonal and collaboration skills
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.