This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Nashville, TN, United States
Date Posted: Dec 20, 2019
JOB SUMMARY: Exercise leadership and decision-making authority in the preparation and management of the completion, negotiation, and execution of documentation packages for Cat Mining Finance transactions. Transactions include but are not limited to standard retail, construction (project financing), and retail floor-plan loans for US and international transactions. Coordinate documentation closing activities, including gathering and review of conditions precedent prior to funding. Subsequently, coordinate with shipyards/OEMs and customers adherence to terms and conditions of the transaction documents.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Performs all duties and responsibilities as follows as well as those of a Document Analyst.
1. Provides leadership and exercises decision-making authority to team members in their day-to-day processes of preparing standard marine documentation and funding transactions.
2. Reviews other team members’ work for completeness and accuracy and provides additional guidance when necessary.
3. Executes duties and responsibilities independently with occasional management supervision in complex situations. Utilizes Legal, Tax, and other support functions within CFSC, if needed, to ensure compliance with laws and regulations in multiple international jurisdictions.
4. Leads team meetings with appropriate Credit Analyst, Account Manager, and Attorney. Develops action item list for review in each team meeting, confirms action items, assigns responsibilities and timelines for each team member, and periodically follows up with team members to ensure goals are met.
5. Prepares complex documentation for U.S. and international marine transactions including construction and permanent loans. Communicates with customers, dealers, shipyards/OEMs, CFSC and third party counsel, and other lenders to negotiate transaction issues, and develops appropriate documentation with international parties in multiple jurisdictions. Ensures that all conditions of the transaction credit approval and commitment letter are correctly documented in the loan documentation package for each transaction.
6. Prepares and reviews standard and non-standard transaction documentation within defined guidelines. Necessary amendments of a basic level of difficultly are drafted and recommended to CMF management and CFSC Legal.
7. Communicates with external counsel and other pertinent internal and external parties as needed to prepare the necessary documentation.
8. Gathers information and performs analysis for document preparation, such as customer and guarantor corporate governing documents to determine proper legal names, authorized signers, and types of board resolutions required to complete transaction documents. Typical financing documents may include loan agreements, promissory notes, mortgages, security agreements, guaranties, assignments, and other transaction documents.
9. Analyzes project construction contract to ensure CFSC can obtain a security interest in the equipment or project during construction. Drafts amendments where necessary and recommends approval to CMF management and CFSC Legal.
10. Explains documents and conditions precedent to funding to customers and shipyards/OEMs, negotiates documentation issues, and approves exceptions to standard practice within authority level.
11. Confirms insurance coverage against standard requirements, follows up for any deficiencies, and verifies and / or negotiates coverage to complete the document file. Coordinates with the CMF Insurance Manager to confirm that insurance coverage is adequate and that the approved carrier rating for the insurance company is acceptable.
12. Develops project construction milestone schedules with Credit Analyst.
13. Participates in accomplishment of continuous improvement objectives for the department and progresses toward accomplishment is measured through maintenance of necessary measurements and analysis of associated data. Participates in the identification of opportunities for improvement and assists in the development of resolutions to address them.
14. Understands the Harassment policy of the company and is responsible for its application in all aspects of employment.
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND KNOWLEDGE:
1. Demonstrated ability to apply leadership principles and techniques.
2. Demonstrated knowledge and ability to analyze problems, make decisions, and take measured risks, using available data.
3. Demonstrated ability to concentrate on results while being flexible to achieve goals. Has a sense of urgency and willingness to accept accountability.
4. Proven ability to develop and maintain good interpersonal relationships, working effectively with others inside and outside the company.
5. Knowledge and ability to prepare sound, legally enforceable contracts and supporting documents that accurately set forth the terms of the transaction on a timely basis.
6. Knowledge and ability to provide guidance and apply problem resolution techniques to marine team members on transaction issues.
7. Knowledge of basic contract law.
8. Ability to draft letters, contracts, and other legal documents.
9. Knowledge of and demonstrated ability to apply financing and taxation principles.
10. Knowledge of Caterpillar products and their applications and markets.
11. Knowledge of Caterpillar customers and their industries.
12. Knowledge of financing and documentation principles.
13. Demonstrated knowledge of requirements of filing security interests and their applicability to bankruptcy laws and regulations.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: A 4-year college or university degree is recommended. Previous exempt experience must be progressively increasing in responsibility and accountability and demonstrate an ability to gain knowledge, skills, and responsibility such that a level of full competency can be reached. Equivalent experience may be substituted for education.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.