This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Panama, State Not Specified, Panama
Date Posted: Dec 19, 2019
As a Service Technical Representative, you will consult with dealers on product problem management within an assigned territory or industry. Representing Caterpillar' s Global Construction and Infrastructure Division to minimize the commercial impact of customer complaints related to products, applications, and maintenance requirements, you will have a direct bottom line impact on Caterpillar and dealer financial results. This is generally the fourth level technical service assignment for an experienced, individual contributor on assignments that are complex and challenging and begin to become strategic in nature.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Administer company policy warranty settlements and work with service specialists to ensure dealers have technical capability to identify and repair product deficiencies. You will counsel dealers in managing Product Improvement Programs cost effectively and within designated timeframes and provide technical guidance and counsel dealers on presentations designed to inform customers of service advantages. Decisions made by you are more complex and have greater risk issues than those associated with the less experienced representatives. Challenges include meeting expectations in delivering results, considering alternative courses of actions, making timely decisions and developing greater communication skills.
* Work with Service Specialists to ensure dealers meet targets; provide input to Service Operations Specialists for shop operations, service process improvements, and systems; help dealers achieve higher service quality and improve profitability; and work with other reps to develop total customer solutions that support sales efforts.
* Understand customer/dealer market needs and build an understanding of how and why decisions are made within your work group and organization. You will be responsible for applying those decisions to support and develop product sales, dealer effectiveness, overall segment growth, process improvement, sales management process improvement, etc. You will also learn to apply knowledge of products, technology, industry, etc., in support of Caterpillar, dealer and customer expectations and needs.
* Your development and continual learning will be directed through experience and staying abreast of technology changes. Key learning comes from gaining experience in the assigned industry, developing communication and people relationship skills, improving problem solving techniques, building business skills, enhancing use of Caterpillar systems and developing leadership abilities.
* Strong communication and leadership skills.
* Strong analytical skills and attention to details.
* A bachelor’s degree in an accredited Marketing or Engineering curriculum.
* 5 to 8 years prior experience in field assignments. Visiting projects and sites, meeting with customers, managers, technicians.
* Demonstrated ability to work independently, communicate effectively with others in the work group, dealer personnel and customers.
* Must be willing to travel extensively (50-70%) as well as relocate based upon business needs.
*Language Requirement: Fluent English and Spanish.
* Knowledge of Caterpillar products, policies, and procedures.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO) EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.