This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Peoria, IL, United States
Date Posted: Dec 26, 2019
The Global Product Marketing Consultant role is a key interface between GCI and the Product Groups. Primary Interface: Divisional Mgrs., Global Product Managers, MBDs, Industry Sales Managers, Regional Product Marketing Teams.
The Global PMC holds a pivotal role in ensuring alignment between the Global Product Groups and the GCI Industry Group. The role is clearly recognized as an expert in a specific business segment/specialty area. Has MBD and Global focus.
Expertise targeted towards Load & Haul products (ART, LWL, QCT, WTS and D9). Incumbents demonstrate creativity, foresight, business judgment and outstanding machine application or marketing/distribution knowledge along with the sensitivity to customer financial impact. Incumbents have knowledge, recognition and expertise to influence market requirements, trends and agency regulations.
The position must possess strong applications experience, life cycle cost knowledge of dealers’ and customers’ application, industry and marketplace needs. Provides consulting and project services covering NPI, market and distribution needs to stimulate breakthrough solutions that would help in market leadership. Incumbents provide direction for future product; distribution and industry needs and share this expertise at higher industry levels with business unit management.
Provides Commercial Support:
- Identify product commercial issues and develop strategies to overcome them globally. Support the execution of the turn-around plans.
- Be GCI’s Global Voice of Market input to the WW Product manager and NPI Gate Review process.
- Lead analysis of key competitors’ global merchandising strengths, weaknesses and tactics.
Position works autonomously and is broadly subject to functional policies and ultimate goals. Manages the compliance of its own assignments and keeps up to date with new industry trends, changing technology and regulations affecting the competitive environment.
Must communicate effectively across product, industry, dealer and/or customer audiences to gain understanding and acceptance of ideas and recommendations. Must have ability to work with people from many different backgrounds and cultures, internally and externally, with the appropriate influence and ability to resolve differences.
The incumbent will communication with Product Managers, representing the sales teams to those positions. The position is also the Voice of Field (VOC, VOD, VOB) back to the Product Groups and will make fact based market driven recommendations to the MBDs on product commercial performance and VOC input.
Good human relations skills are required to develop a collaborative/cooperative work relationship with others inside and outside the business unit. Generally requires extensive travel to understand worldwide business conditions. Incumbent is developing expertise within government agencies, national associations, dealers and customer groups.
Incumbent will be responsible for leading medium to long term projects.
Position will require travel of up to 30%.
* A minimum of 10 years experience in marketing/sales with a good working understanding of the needs of customers, dealers, and product groups.
*This position requires a college or university degree or equivalent experience.
* Prior field experience is required.
* Previous experience delivering OPACC initiatives, launching new products, and NPI marketing recommendations are all required.
* The position must demonstrate product knowledge, NPI process understanding and experience working price/value analysis and disconnects.
* The position requires strong leadership capabilities, organizational and analytical skills and be highly proficient working team dynamics and interpersonal relationships to successfully influence others and achieve challenging goals across the global Caterpillar enterprise.
* The position requires a broad business background, excellent communication skills and be willing to be a strong advocate of the customer and the enterprise.
Top Candidates will also have:
* Previous global experience, MBA or equivalent, Black Belt, multiple language capabilities are all preferred.