For more than 90 years, Caterpillar Inc., has been making sustainable progress possible and driving positive change on every continent. Customers turn to Caterpillar to help them develop infrastructure, energy and natural resource asset.
Caterpillar is the world's leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. The company principally operates through its three primary segments - Construction Industries, Resource Industries and Energy & Transportation - and provides financing and related services through its Financial Products segment.
As a part-time technical marketing intern, you will primarily be tasked with projects that will help support key initiatives in different divisions. Groups include:
- Global Construction and Infrastructure: Helps deliver industry leading products and services while providing superior customer experience. Projects include assisting with Marketing Communications and supporting events teams.
- Global Aftermarket Solutions: Focuses on connecting assets in the field and providing dealer/customer value with connectivity.
- Global Marketing Talent Division: Responsible for Attract, Retain and Develop of Marketing hires. Projects include execution on the Go to Market strategy and implementation of Marketing materials supporting the Marketing Rep Development Program
All three positions will also encompass additional projects as assigned by supervisor.
At Caterpillar, you build what matters - whether it's the career you want, crucial work skills, strong relationships or new digital technologies. There are big jobs to be done worldwide - building critical infrastructure, bolstering local economies, meeting the demand for energy - and that work is powered by our people.
Every single Caterpillar employee moves our company forward. Piece by piece, part by part, person by person. Together we create sustainable, world-changing solutions that impact lives around the globe. Join our winning team and help build a better world.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please attach a copy of your resume and an unofficial copy of your transcripts to your application
- Must be enrolled full time at a 4-year accredited university/college in Business Administration, Communication or a related degree.
- Applicant must attend a 4-year university within daily driving distance to the Peoria, IL facilities
- Applicant must be able to work 10 - 15 hours per week minimum
- GPA Requirements: 2.8/4.0 cumulative GPA
- Previous communications, marketing or technical internship
- Graduation date: May 2020 and beyond
- Strong communication, leadership and community service experience
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at https://www.caterpillar.com/careers.