The Service Data Development organization with our Global Dealer Services Division create and deliver the service options for dealer service of Caterpillar products. Service Data is the core information that Dealer’s leverage to repair machines and engines.
This team has an opening for a Service Data Systems Deployment Consultant (SG 24) position.
This role will manage, along with application owners and business partners, the deployment, onboarding, and training for applications Service Option Collaborator (SOC) and Calculator Web, and SOC Webservices used to retrieve service information from SOC.
This role will also work directly with Caterpillar and Cat Dealers to create transition projects (MGPPs) from the existing Service Data System platforms to newly created platforms (SOC, Calculator Web, and SOC Webservices).
This role will identify business process and system delta's, and provide them back to the Service Data Systems Manager, and Service Data System application owners to be prioritized and worked within the Service Data Systems group.
Service Option Collaborator (SOC) is the service data authoring tool that is replacing Builder G3 used by Caterpillar and Cat Dealers.
Calculator Web will be the replacement for Calculator Desktop. Calculator is a corporate and Cat Dealer enabler to the current Customer Value Agreement (CVA) initiative.
The SOC Webservices and Calculator Web feed multiple critical downstream systems to include My.Cat.Com (portal), Cat Inspect, Product Link™ Web, Parts.Cat.Com, PM Module, Service Information Systems (SIS), Value Estimating Tool (VET), Cat Dealer business systems, and several other applications.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
• Engage extensively with end-users (dealers, customers, and Caterpillar) to define business needs and adoption planning
• Define the delivery strategy, set business requirements, and prioritize ongoing enhancement needs with Service Data System application owners and the Service Data Systems Manager
• Manage the deployment and training with end-users, which includes successful execution of end-user pilots and the associated learning, adoption planning, and ongoing support
• Define the overall deployment process (playbook)
• Measure and report on Caterpillar and Cat Dealer adoption success metrics
• Establish deployment roles and responsibilities
• Develop rollout plans with Service Data System application owners
• A Bachelor’s degree or 4 years of experience with service data related systems is required.
• At least 4 years of leading complex global projects that span multiple Business Divisions and Cat Dealers
• 4 years of experience working with dealers and/or customers in a product support capacity
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
• 3 years of experience using service data.
• 3 years of experience working with maintenance and repair strategies
• Previous experience using Builder G3, Calculator, SOC or other service data authoring tools
• Knowledge of Cat Dealer business systems
• Product Support related field rep experience
• Skills in process management, collaboration, and relationship management
• 6 Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt experience
• Excellent communicator with proven ability to develop partnerships
• Change Management experience leading complex projects
• Travel: 25%-30%
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment based non-immigrant and immigrant visas. However, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website www.Caterpillar.com/careers.