Your project management skills will provide you the opportunity to be successful as a Caterpillar Production System (CPS) Black Belt. You will have significant impact on Caterpillar’s success while making Caterpillar a safer place to work, improve the company’s ability to meet customer expectations, improve quality, reduce cycle times and increase profits.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Leading CPS projects using CPS tools and methodologies
* Coaching, teaching and developing others to use the tools and methodologies of CPS
* Tapping into unused employee creativity
* Eliminating waste in every process and driving the organization towards standard work
* Leading simple to moderately complex Value Stream Transformations and Rapid Improvement Workshops
* Measuring results of their projects at the cell and Value Stream levels
* Integrating Continuous Improvement ideas as part of the process
* Ensuring projects are integrated with other business activities, improvement projects, and the business strategy
* Must be or have been a Level One Caterpillar 6 Sigma Black Belt.
* Bachelors Degree, preferably in Engineering or Business (or equivalent) or more than 3 years of professional level experience
* Prior supervisory experience
* Project management skills, team leadership skills, and good communication skills
* Good communication, interpersonal, and collaboration skills
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.