This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Deerfield, IL, United States
Date Posted: Dec 12, 2019
For more than 90 years, Caterpillar Inc. has been making sustainable progress possible and driving positive change on every continent. Customers turn to Caterpillar to help them develop infrastructure, energy and natural resource assets.
With 104,000 employees and 2018 sales and revenues of $54.722 billion, we are the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. Our company principally operates through its three primary segments - Construction Industries, Resource Industries and Energy & Transportation - and also provides financing and related services through its Financial Products segment.
We are a Fortune 100 corporation with 110 production facilities of which 60 are located outside the US, and we have 160 dealers serving customers in 193 countries. In 2018 we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices (DJSI).
This position is responsible for providing strategic thought leadership as well as execution of initiatives and programs to build HR functional capability and pipeline for the enterprise. The role will also provide HR Leadership for HR Division.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
• Using talent and market insights, applies strategic workforce planning analysis and organizational design principles to provide best HR talent and resource solutions
• Partner with HR leadership team to develop and execute HR capability model
• Partner with L&D COE, design and execute HR upskilling programs globally
• Partner with Talent COE, lead key talent processes for HR function to build HR pipeline and succession plan
• Lead Caterpillar early career talent program globally
• Lead project management and support HR leadership team for the HR organization design as the enterprise implement new HCM system
• Serve as HR Business Partner for HR Division, coach HR Directors, lead/coordinate workforce planning, organization design, culture, D&I; provide key leadership in overseeing HR delivery to the organization and facilitating key HR processes
• Bachelor's degree in related field
• Minimum of 10 years of progressive global human resource experience ideally in multiple of the following areas: business partnership, organization and talent development.
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
•MBA or Masters in HR/LR
•Previous leadership experience preferably managing a team of HR professionals.
•Demonstrate intellectual curiosity, critical thinking and good judgement
•Strong interpersonal, leadership and communication skills.
•Change agent with strong influencing skills
•Excellent organization planning skills and project management skills
Keywords: HR Director, Global Human Resources Director,