As an Accountant, you will contribute to Caterpillar’s success by performing accounting duties of moderate complexity under minimal supervision.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Reconciling leasing or other systems to the general ledger; mapping and setting up general ledger accounts; preparing moderately complex reconciliations; preparing reports; researching, clearing, and communicating booking or posting errors to the appropriate parties; conducting or assisting in the documentation of accounting projects; preparing or assisting in the preparation of accounting reports and year-end activities. Some latitude for unreviewed decisions is within the scope of delegated authority.
* When inconsistencies or problems occur which are outside delegated authority, they are brought to the attention of management. Conferring with management to determine the proper means by which to resolve these issues.
* Applying knowledge of advanced accounting methods and procedures.
* Coordinating and reviewing lower-level accounting work assignments for accuracy and completeness.
* A 4-year college or university degree preferably in Accounting.
* A minimum GPA of 3.0 is required.
* Demonstrated knowledge of ability to apply math computation skills including basic addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division, as well as, statistics and other mathematical concepts used in modeling.
* Knowledge of accounting distribution and ability to verify correctness and completeness of such information.
* Knowledge of U.S. GAAP and FASB regulations and procedures as they related to the particular area of accounting.
* Demonstrated ability to create and maintain advanced Excel spreadsheets and Word documents.
* 1 to 2 years of accounting experience
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.