As a Group Manager at Caterpillar, you will direct an assigned production area in the manufacture and/or assembly of quality parts to meet established production requirements.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Manages multiple sections and reports to the facility manager.
* Owns the Continuous Improvement process, making sure new ideas are generated, worked and implemented, and any roadblocks are eliminated.
* Performs on-going evaluation of work loads and assists Section Managers in solving problems
* Contributes to the total manufacturing effort by directing and controlling several operations from fabrication, manufacturing, assembly, test, and shipping.
* Ensures production schedules can be met in a Lean Manufacturing environment to satisfy assembly line and parts schedule requirements.
* Initiates and conducts process improvement dialogs with Section Managers, Team Leads and Team Members.
* Develops detailed near-term and long-term production plans.
* Drives root cause analysis and resolution on all forms of loss, i.e., safety, quality, production.
* Requires a college degree and/or considerable company experience with solid business management skills, plus CPS processes and tools knowledge.
* Must complete the CPS Group Manager functional curriculum.
* Should have a technical understanding of the manufacturing and material selection process.
* In addition, six to ten years of progressively responsible job-related experience are typically required.
* Needs good management, motivational and problem solving skills along with good human relations and communications skills
* Fluent English
* General understanding of the Caterpillar organization, products, policies, and procedures
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.