A safe, healthy workplace matters most of all.
Protecting the health of people and the environment we all share is ingrained in Caterpillar’s culture at every level. You’ll find safety at the top of our strategy and sustainability among our corporate values. As a member of our EHS team, you’ll take responsibility for making sure we live up to the high standards we set for ourselves.
you are a Safety Manager at Caterpillar, you will interpret K3 and state safety
laws and to recommend procedures, methods and programs for correction of areas
in Batam facility which are in violation.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include,
but are not limited to:
- Interpret K3 laws and recommend procedures to correct areas
of Batam facility which are not in compliance.
- These might concern such things as dust exposure, working
surfaces, personal protective equipment, hazardous materials, general
environment, medical services and facilities, fire protection, material
handling and storage, machinery and machinery guards, hand and portable powered
- Notify the manager of the area where a violation occurs,
cite applicable portions of the law and recommend steps necessary to correct
situation. Follow up on these recommendations to determine if they have been
implemented and if not, determine with Supervisor action to be taken.
- Supervise safety inspectors whose duties involve
accident/illness investigations, safety audits, safety program development and
injury records maintenance. Also oversee operation of five safety stores
operated by an outside contractor.
- Accompany government inspectors on periodic plant
inspections and file progress reports on correction of areas cited for
violations. Assist departments to develop methods, procedures and programs for
implementing corrections of specific areas.
- Monitor EHS performance and recommends priorities and
actions for improvement
- Develop procedures to assure continuing compliance with
regulations and organization standards
- Develop EHS training programs
- Maintain contact with other plants and companies on common
problems and with corporate safety on K3 policies and practices. Gather
material and prepare reports for government, periodically report orally to Batam
management, speak to department heads, shop supervisors on K3 and maintain an
open file on all K3 citations received by the plant.
- Provide expertise in safety and health regulations regarding
acquisition or installation of machine tools, transfer machine process and
equipment for manufacturing processes. Travel to supplier facilities to
evaluate and ensure machinery and equipment comply with company safety and
- Review new machine design for proper guarding, pinch points,
clearances, interlock devices, noise level and levels of emission, etc. Perform
special assignments such as developing and implementing guidelines above and
beyond those designated by K3 in the areas of eye and foot protection.
- Review new products, equipment, and processes for potential
risks and recommends modifications before introduction.
- Collaborate with employees and supervisors to identify and
mitigate EHS risks.
- Develop standards and work practices with line personnel and
monitors conformance through EHS inspections.
Degree in an appropriate discipline (consideration will be given to equivalent environmental/health/safety experience)
In-depth knowledge of K3 and company safety regulations.
2 to 7 years of environmental/health/safety experience.
Minimum of 3 years in leadership roles.
Familiar with company policies and procedures with a strong
Able to build strong relationships with various
Ability to perform complex assignments.
Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in