The key role of this assignment is applying previous field experience and knowledge of process improvement methodologies to improve dealer marketing and sales capabilities and overall customer experience. The incumbent is a liaison among dealers, customers and other Caterpillar personnel. Incumbent is very familiar with the company’s processes, systems and methodologies. Incumbent is accountable for contributing to the identification, analysis and resolution of marketing and sales distribution needs and problems in assigned discipline/district. Position performs complex analysis work, identifies and resolves problems that are less tactical and more strategic in nature. Challenges include developing and meeting expectations in delivering results, considering and recommending alternative courses of actions, making timely decisions and developing greater communication skills. Incumbents will work more directly with other Caterpillar units, dealers, customers, and possibly, suppliers.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Advising dealers on marketing, sales and customer-related strategies, systems and processes
* Counseling dealers in developing increased human performance capability such as identifying performance gap solutions
* Advising on existing and potential customer experience issues and improvement measures such as recommending ways to enhance market coverage and customer experience through training, technology enabled and bundled solutions, etc.
* Consulting with dealers on process improvement methods and assisting with process evaluation
* Overseeing and promoting programs that increase sales while achieving price realization and profit margins
* Continuing to develop required proficiency level in the specified capabilities and skills.
Individuals in this position must understand and keep current on customer/dealer market and needs and understand how and why decisions are made within their work group and organization. They are responsible for applying those decisions to support and develop product sales, dealer effectiveness, overall segment growth, process improvement, etc. Incumbents apply their knowledge of products, technology, industry, and product support, in support of Caterpillar, dealer and customer expectations and needs. Incumbents may provide direction to less experienced personnel.
Incumbents, along with their manager, will direct their development and continual learning through experience and staying abreast of technology changes. Key learning comes from continued experience in the assigned territory or industry, enhancing communication and people relationship skills, improving problem solving and analysis techniques, building and using business skills, enhancing use of Caterpillar systems and developing leadership abilities. Incumbents must stay abreast of industry and technology changes and relate those changes to Caterpillar, dealer and customer needs.
* A college or university degree or equivalent experience.
* 3 to 5 years prior experience in field assignments.
* Demonstrated the ability to work independently and to communicate effectively with others in the work group, dealer personnel and customers.
* Demonstrated the ability to work on increasingly more complex assignments and provide direction to lower level reps on project assignments.
* Familiar with company policies and procedures with a strong department background.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.