This job posting is no longer active.
Location: East Peoria, IL, United States
Date Posted: Feb 29, 2020
As an IT Analyst in Caterpillar, you will assist in the administration, support and installation of the Business Intelligence BI Tool reporting environments for Tableau, Power BI, Cognos and Business Objects. The Business Intelligence software is installed on Windows and Linux servers. Therefore, you will have opportunities to work with other infrastructure teams to troubleshoot, integrate, and provide infrastructure solutions to business/technical problems.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Provides 7 X 24 support, with other team members, for all Business Intelligence BI environments.
* Provide technical support for all Business Intelligence BI reporting Environments including Tableau, Power BI, Cognos and Business Objects.
* Follow existing change management, and incident/problem management processes when maintaining environments.
* Document and communicate issues/findings/problems to business partners and other infrastructure support/team members accordingly.
* Develop, enhance, support, and validate monitoring and alerting capabilities of the Business Intelligence BI environments.
* Provide consultation to business units or partners within Caterpillar.
This is an excellent opportunity to learn and know the Business Intelligence BI products that change the way our business partners work and provide a tremendous value to Caterpillar.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please attach a copy of your resume and an unofficial copy of your transcripts, to your application.
* Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related technical degree with an overall 2.8 GPA or higher
* Experience with Business Intelligence BI and reporting platform services
* Previous experience as infrastructure or application support
* Writing, testing, and/or using script language Unix shell programming, Visual Basic, Power Shell
*Experience with java programming or other languages
* Understanding of data warehousing concepts and platforms
* Experience with relational databases and SQL queries
* Understanding of firewalls and rules
* Advanced understanding of Windows and Linux Operating Systems
* Advanced understanding of Apache / Tomcat application servers
* Understanding of the latest web technologies and trends
* Solid analytical, problem solving and multitasking skills
* Strong communication skills
* Strong ability to work independently and in a team environment
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.
For more information, visit caterpillar.com. To connect with us on social media, visit caterpillar.com/social-media