This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Batam, Riau, Indonesia
Date Posted: Dec 12, 2019
DO MEANINGFUL WORK
At Caterpillar, you can affect work being done on projects around the globe. We build more than machines. Our ideas and solutions can transform our customers’ businesses and lives, our communities and our world. If you’re ready for leadership opportunities, meaningful responsibilities and the autonomy to pursue your passion, come join the Caterpillar team!
The Surface Mining & Technology (SM&T) Division currently has an opening for a Production Scheduler within Supply Chain Department supporting our Batam facility.
As a Production Scheduler at Caterpillar, you will develop and manage a production scheduling process to maximize efficiency and optimize use of resources/assets internally while retaining enough flexibility to ensure that all customer needs are met in a timely and cost effective way. You are responsible to attain key supply chain performance metrics across velocity and order-to-delivery.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but
are not limited to:
* Develops a production plan to accommodate customer demand within practical production capabilities
* Balances conflicting objectives of employment stability, efficient manufacturing and appropriate inventory levels to develop the production plan
* Develops schedules for each prime product configuration, attachments and related products.
* Monitors external issues that impact scheduling, including: work stoppage at key suppliers, legal issues related to manpower, opening, closing and softening of markets due to economic and political situations
* Work closely with Manufacturing Engineering
in determining EPP capacity planning
* Assists facility supply chain leaders in developing inventory strategies to reconcile fluctuating demand and the need for factory stability while minimizing inventory investment.
* Monitors the production plan and modifies as needed to maintain acceptable product availability and inventory levels.
* Collects, monitors and analyzes actual results against business variables of the Annual Business Plan forecasts such as: sales to users, orders, shipments, factory and dealer inventory.
* Leads and manages improvement project team inside the facility
* Works closely with corporate supply chain groups to ensure robust capacity planning and constraint management is completed
* Provides subject matter expertise to project teams addressing supply and capacity constraints, performing impact analysis and data.
* Reviews scheduling activities for commercial entity products not scheduled at facility to ensure schedules are consistent with product strategies.
* Develops phase-in / phase-out schedule plans for New Product Introduction.
* College or university degree (or equivalent), preferable with Engineering back ground
* A minimum of 4 years of supply chain / manufacturing-related work experience
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
* Excellent leadership, interpersonal, communications, teamwork and collaboration skills
* Experience in capacity planning, production scheduling, production control
* Hands on experience working with SAP.
* APICS Certification
* Familiar with manufacturing quality
management systems (ISO, QS or ISO/TS)
* 6 Sigma Project management knowledge and / or experience
* Excellent in Excel worksheet, PowerPoint and other office applications.