The position is responsible for all financial accounting and reporting functions within the Division, with multiple product groups and facilities, or service centers, ensuring compliance with US GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements and the overall integrity of the financial reporting function. This position provides leadership and support for the development and implementation of business, finance and operational strategies, and is responsible for the overall business risk management process, the control environment, and the business analysis and decision support functions of the division. The position exercises due diligence to prevent and detect fraud and promotes an organizational structure that encourages ethical conduct and a commitment to compliance with the law. In addition, the position provides counsel and support to the business unit’s top leadership and may lead, or provide key support, to the demand management, pricing, and IT functions for the products and services the division provides.
This role is also responsible for ensuring financial reporting integrity including compliance with US GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements, optimization of short and long-term value creation and profitability, a strong control environment and the achievement of other financial and non-financial objectives the division.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- This position is reports to the Director, Corporate FP&A and Services and direct reports include managers, supervisors, and/or staff responsible for the following functions: Financial Accounting and Reporting, Business Analysis and Decision Support, Strategy and Planning, Controls, Business Risk Management and 6 Sigma Validation and Reporting. The position may also provide support to enterprise wide improvement initiatives and provides support, or leads, the Demand Management, Pricing, Order Fulfillment, Information Services and IT functions.
- The position is involved in critical financial decisions involving the division, has dotted line accountability to the Chief Accounting Officer (CAO) and, to the Vice President of the Global Finance Services Division.
- The position provides leadership, guidance, counsel and support for all critical finance functions in the division including many, or all, of the following:
- Monthly accounting and financial reporting. Analyzes and critiques information for conformance with US and local GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles), corporate guidelines and reasonability levels, ensuring financial reporting integrity is always maintained. Information is presented to senior management.
- Ensuring a strong and effective internal control environment is in place and adequately documented and tested. In addition, has responsibility for leading and ensuring the unit’s compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Business Analysis and Decision Support. Establishment of target costs and cost monitoring, new product introduction analysis, value chain analysis, investment analysis, and coordinating financial leadership on mergers and acquisitions utilizing an enterprise perspective. Senior management uses the analyses and business insights to guide corporate decision-making.
- Annual business plan, monthly rolling business management, long term forecast, volume flexibility planning, and incentive compensation plans.
- Strategy planning process. This includes long-term strategic development, quarterly strategic assessments and short-term tactical planning to ensure growth and financial success.
- Business Risk Management governance process
- 6 Sigma value creation and validation including the direct sponsorship of 6 Sigma projects with accountability for the validation and reporting of benefits from 6 Sigma projects sponsored by the business unit.
- Funding, treasury and tax strategy, transaction and issue support as they arise.
- New Product Introduction support including proper sourcing, manufacturing process and price levels needed to remain competitive. Responsible for commercial activities such as purchasing, sales to external customers, working with service providers and/or responsibility for making design changes for customers.
- Demand Management and Pricing function, coordinating the ordering and scheduling, pricing strategy and annual price plan development for products, develop pricing analysis and evaluate business scenarios of various pricing strategies including predictions of competitive reactions, work with product groups and marketing companies to review plans that establish prices on a worldwide basis.
- Information services infrastructure, strategy and execution.
- A strong background in Accounting or Finance, including some experience in any of the following: financial accounting, reporting and analysis, cost accounting, budget development.
- At least 10 years of progressively responsible job-related experience with at least 5 years prior experience supervising and managing employees.
- Credentialed expertise (CPA or CMA, or equivalent) and solid
practical experience involving technical accounting and reporting issues.
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or business-related field.
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills to effectively manage sensitive issues, develop others, or persuade others inside and outside the division to take specific action.
- Strong ability to collaborate and partner across peers and leadership.
- Demonstrates the following leadership attributes: Good business skills and judgement; Courage and emotional intelligence; Intellectual curiosity; The ability to create the vision and lead change; Set challenging targets and prioritize to achieve results; Development of the best talent.
- Ability to take an Enterprise point of view and lead with our Values in Action.
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
- The successful candidate also exhibits rigorous attention to details and excellent Microsoft Powerpoint skills.
- Knowledge of how a corporate environment operates, including products, services, policies and procedures
- Knowledge of the Caterpillar organization, its products, policies and procedures is also desired.
- Experience in leveraging data analytics
The location for this role is Deerfield, IL.