This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Peoria, IL, United States
Date Posted: Dec 5, 2019
Are you passionate about customer success?
Caterpillar provides solutions to its customers far beyond the initial equipment sale. Services provided to customers after purchase leverage their connected equipment and our outstanding field technology, and decades of product, service and application expertise to enhance performance. Caterpillar's Global Aftermarket Solutions Division (GASD) exists to support enterprise efforts to deliver value-added services to customers. Working alongside our dealers, we serve customer needs throughout the product lifecycle.
Services is where we are investing our time, talent and money because they drive value for our customers by reducing total owning and operating costs. If you have a passion for helping customers succeed, now is a great time to join GASD.
The Global Aftermarket Services Division (GASD) is responsible for driving significant aftermarket sales and services growth for Caterpillar’s Resource Industries, Construction Industries and Energy & Transportation. Data is generated continuously from multiple touchpoints and collected in hundreds of data sources across the company. The Global Aftermarket Data Analytics team is responsible for preparing and transforming aftermarket data used to drive actionable insights for Caterpillar’s customers and dealers. The focus on granularity and transparency has resulted in a data-driven culture across various teams globally.
As a Data Engineer, you will join a team of passionate people in a complex data environment, working on meeting the need for complete, accurate, timely and secure aftermarket data. You'll support the needs of user teams across Caterpillar’s Global Aftermarket Services Division while being an expert on data architecture, quality and operations to deliver and maintain data that help us better understand our business and customers. You'll turn data into a craft and a discipline that returns increasing value at Caterpillar.
By joining the Aftermarket Data Analytics team, your contributions will drive the next generation of decision making and action taking in Global Aftermarket Solutions at Caterpillar. You will make a difference by:
• Driving our Data strategy
• Achieving Data integrity, security & accessibility targets
• Transforming our data processes
• Advising users & analysts
• Collaborate with a multi-regional team to solve complex problems by using a wide variety of cutting-edge technology
• Build ETL pipelines to populate a unified data warehouse that serves the Aftermarket
• Combine data from multiple different sources into complete data sets that are useful to the Aftermarket
• Develop a strong functional knowledge of the business context of our data
• Support the Global Aftermarket Services Division users with technical issues, performance and design enhancements, and general questions about our data