are looking for Developers that are eager to use cutting edge
application development tools and techniques to deliver a best-in-class user
experience. This incumbent will work with an innovative, cross-platform,
customer-centric team, working in a high pace environment.
JOB DUTIES: As a Developer, you will contribute to design and development of
Caterpillar’s digital applications.
- Design and develop scalable UI
applications in a cloud environment (AWS/Azure)
- Provide technical leadership in UI
- Provides guidance to project teams
regarding UI guiding principles, system and application design, coding and
design standards, best practices, and system performance and availability.
- Collaborate and pair with other
development team members to design and develop new, scalable, secure, and
reliable features and exciting experiences utilizing modern
application development design patterns.
- Review the quality of designs and
implementation of solutions implemented by the frontend developers/leads
- Mentor junior team members
- Collaborate with product owners and
system integration engineers to ensure user stories that are
developer-ready, easy to understand, and testable
- Write unit test cases
including “destructive testing” to ensure adequate resiliency in
- Write clean, maintainable code and
perform unit tests and peer code reviews
- Optimizes design for performance,
maintainability, scalability, extensibility as needed.
- Provides Tier III application
support for application running in production
- Position requires a four-year
degree from an accredited college or university.
- 5+ years of software development
Top candidates will have:
- Proven experience in many of the following
- Modern web frameworks such as Angular 2+
- Understanding of HTML 5, CSS3, ES6+ and Web
patterns Protractor/ Jasmine/ Karma
- Application architecture patterns such as MVC,
MVM and MVVM
- Test Driven UI Development (TDD) and Behavioural
Driven Development(BDD) using testing frameworks such as Jest, Mocha, Karma,
Jasmine, Supertest, Selenium, Cucumber etc
- Responsive Web Design and development
- Hands on experience of tools like Webpack, Gulp
- CSS pre-processors like SASS or LESS
- Cloud-based development in Azure or AWS
- In depth hands-on experience in NodeJS
- Strong understanding of web performance and
tools for performance optimization
- Strong understanding of state management
libraries like Redux, NRGX
- Exposure to modern web application
framework such as RUBY on Rails, Spring MVC
- Experience in Less, CORS, OAuth2,
jQuery UI, RequireJS, Backbone.js, Toastr is a plus.
- Integrating with and /or defining,
developing and maintaining web service API’s (RESTful, JSON-RPC) at
- Working with Node based
development tools (including NPM, Yarn) to facilitate code formatting consistency,
linting, testing, bundling etc.
- Ability to work under pressure and
within time constraints.
- Passion for technology and an
eagerness to contribute to a team-oriented environment.
- Demonstrated leadership on medium
to large-scale projects impacting strategic priorities
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer science or Electrical engineering or related field