Caterpillar is looking for an EH&S
Manager to support the Tucson Proving Ground (TPG) in Green Valley, Arizona and
the Tucson Mining Center in downtown Tucson, Arizona. When you join Team Caterpillar as an EH&S
Manager, you will be expected to provide leadership to the organization on
environmental, health and safety compliance and provide leadership, mentoring
and direction to personnel to ensure that employee health and the environment
The Tucson Mining Center is an
office building serving as the new World Headquarters for Caterpillar’s mining
Caterpillar’s Tucson Proving Ground (TPG), we test large mining and heavy
construction machines to ensure that we deliver a quality product to our
customers. At both these facilities, you will be
responsible for compliance with government regulations (OHSA, EPA, DOT) and
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include
but are not limited to:
- Manage the departmental budget for the group.
- Mentor and coach the work group.
- Provide EHS vision and leadership for the facilities
- Identify common safety/health/environmental hazards inherent
in the organization’s operations to establish guidelines for protection from
- Prepare or review EHS training materials for the facility.
- Investigate and establish standards for safety processes and
- Perform self-assessments of safety/health/environmental
programs for compliance with company standards, government regulations, and
adequacy relative to local conditions.
- Generate and/or review reports for environmental (state and
federal) and safety (OSHA) agencies.
- Own the relationship with the security contractor for the
facilities and oversee that relationship.
- Bachelor degree from an accredited college or university, preferably in Environmental, Health and Safety field
- 3+ years of experience working in EHS field
Top candidates will also have:
Deep understanding of legal health and safety guidelinesGood knowledge of data analysis and risk assessmentPrevious Caterpillar EHS experience to understand corporate
guidelines and requirements or previous EHS experience in a similar environmentSupervisory experience
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for
this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa
status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities
outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers