When you join team Caterpillar as a plant engineering manager, you will be responsible for assigned maintenance including the various trades, preventive maintenance programs, electronic repair and central maintenance functions. Your team will be providing the most efficient, economical and timely design and services required to support the manufacturing operation.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* managing a work unit including planning, scheduling, monitoring, and reviewing work of team.
* Responsibility for expense budgets, capital forecasts and expenditures, and all personnel issues in the area including performance evaluations of team.
* Confront complex issues and problems that require careful analysis and diagnosis and can require original approaches.
* Provide leadership to craftsmen to meet the expectations of customers and the goals of the organization.
* Maintain material inventory and appropriate records of special tools or repair parts and coordinates major project work to ensure completion as scheduled.
* Technical or university degree in an appropriate manufacturing or engineering related field
* Previous supervisory experience
* Three to four years manufacturing experience
* Thorough knowledge of the planning system, manufacturing operations, facilities, methods and tooling required.
* Analytical ability as well as communication skills is essential
* General understanding of the Caterpillar organization, products, policies, and procedures
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.