This position will enhance the acceptability and salability of
Caterpillar digital products, including hardware, software and applications, as well as reduce warranty
costs, churn rate and customer impact
from product issues.
- Direct and lead a team of 2-5 Digital Service Engineer I resources
- Worldwide accountability to monitor the overall performance
(including reliability, durability, maintainability and serviceability) of
assigned current and future digital products.
- Oversee and report on the day to day operational service delivery
against SLAs, drive service improvements, interface with key cross functional
support teams and ensure that the team is best placed to continually deliver in
a dynamic and fast-evolving environment.
- Provide leadership and coordinate with other digital product and
application support teams on the long term design and development of product
- Identify, investigate and obtain resolution commitments for all
significant field issues to maintain and improve assigned digital product
- Issue identification; reports in all forms from customers,
dealers, industry reps and subsidiaries.
- Issue investigation; statistical analyses, physical testing and
analysis of application failures, returned parts, development of quick field
fixes, suggested design or manufacturing improvements, etc.
- Resolution of commitments; formally document issues and provide
follow-up on the resolution process with industry and development teams.
- Analyze and develop new customer service rep training or customer
self-service opportunities, based on lost sales, churn, and customer issues.
- Conduct field follow programs to evaluate overall customer
acceptance of new digital products and applications.
- Stay current with all digital products and applications, also
develop and maintain a digital products and application knowledge base and
- Support division's business plan. Develop training materials
- Design, prepare and conduct training relating to Incident and
- Monitors the resolution of Incidents in a proper and timely manner
and adhere to objectives set forth in Service Level Agreements.
- Design appropriate metrics for reporting on key performance and
quality indicators, particularly in terms of in-depth trend analysis
- Ensures Incident/Service Request are properly detailed,
categorized and prioritized.
- Associate Incidents with other records (i.e. Incidents, Changes,
Problem Knowledge Articles, Known Errors, etc.)
- Document troubleshooting steps and service restoration details,
train Tier 1 where possible to resolve issues at entry level
- Verify resolution with end-users and resolve assigned Incidents.
- Escalate unresolved Incidents to Tier 3.
- Develop and maintain a “Follow the Sun” support strategy
- Line management, recruitment, staff development, and resource
- Recruit the Application and API Tier 2 Support team - Drive the
Support Services staff management process including interviews, hires,
terminations, reviews, and performance evaluations
- Bachelors degree
- 1-3 years technical support experience in the digital space.
- 1-2 years experience with supporting AWS applications
- Experience with change management, continuous improvement
initiatives, ITIL, and/or project management
- Experience managing 3rd party integrations
- Experience troubleshooting technical issues and familiarity with
tools such as Postman for APIs
Top Candidates will also have:
- Able to build relationships with various stakeholders.
- Manage people effectively to adhere to SLAs
- Good escalation management skills
- Data analysis and support metrics
- Translating complex technical concepts into everyday language
- Familiarity with Support products such as ServiceNow, Confluence
- Self-motivated and highly professional with ability to lead and
take ownership and responsibility
- Strong customer service and support focus with a desire to deliver
a high quality service
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- A desire to learn and improve skills and knowledge
- Fast learner, energetic and enthusiastic
- Adaptable and flexible to business demands
- Effective communications skills, credibility, persuasiveness and
high stress tolerance are required.