This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Mexico City, DIF, Mexico
Date Posted: Dec 4, 2019
As an Industry Representative you will consult with dealers to market Caterpillar products and services and assist in the development of dealer sales capability. This is the third field-based assignment for an experienced individual contributor on assignments that are complex and challenging and begin to become strategic in nature.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Commercial liaison between dealers, customers and other Caterpillar personnel. You should be very familiar with the company’s processes, systems and methodologies accountable for contributing to the identification, analysis and resolution of needs and problems in an assigned industry. You will be performing complex analysis work, identifying and resolving problems that are less tactical and more strategic in nature. Challenges include developing and meeting expectations in delivering results, considering and recommending alternative courses of actions, making timely decisions and developing greater communication skills. You will work more directly with other Caterpillar units, dealers and possibly customers.
* Counseling dealers in developing increased human performance capability; providing guidance on existing and potential customer service issues and improvement measures within one industry; assisting dealers on forecast, sales/retail strategy planning and sales techniques; supporting the introduction of new models and products into the market, develop commercial strategies that support our value proposition, (e.g., products, parts kit, customer value agreements, financing, etc.); analyzing and communicating marketplace and competitive activity to Senior Caterpillar leaders and dealer leadership teams. Assisting dealers with business planning within one specific industry; creating and promoting commercial programs that increase sales while maximizing price realization; and continuing to develop required proficiency level in the specified foundation competencies and skills.
* Remain current on customer/dealer market and needs and understand how and why decisions are made within their work group and organization. You will be responsible for applying those decisions to support and develop product sales, dealer sales effectiveness, overall industry growth, NPI process, process improvement, sales management process improvement, etc. Your knowledge of products, technology, value added solutions, industry, etc., in support of Caterpillar, dealer and customer expectations and needs and will contribute to strategic planning. You may also provide direction to less experienced personnel.
* Direct your development and continual learning through experience and staying abreast of technology changes. Key learning comes from field experience in the assigned industry, enhancing communication and people relationship skills, improving problem solving and analysis ability, building and using business skills, enhancing use of Caterpillar systems and developing strong leadership abilities. You must stay abreast of industry and technology changes and relate those changes to Caterpillar, dealer and customer needs.
* Strong communication
and leadership skills
* A bachelor’s degree in an accredited Marketing, Business or Engineering curriculum
* 3-5 years prior experience in field assignments
* 3-5 years commercial
experience in other industries.
* Demonstrated ability to work independently, communicate effectively and work on increasingly more complex assignments and provide direction to lower level reps on project assignments
* Must be willing to travel extensively (50-70%) as well as relocate based upon business needs
* English and Spanish languages.
* Knowledge of Caterpillar products, policies, and procedures
* Cat Insurance experience
* English language
* Spanish language