E&T IT seeks
one talented, highly motivated IT professional to fill a critical role as the Information
Technology Division Manager for Caterpillar Oil & Gas and Marine Division (COGMD). Caterpillar Oil & Gas
and Marine business is an OEM of diesel and gas engines that provides product
and solutions in gas compression, well servicing, production drilling, as well
as Marine segment, with 16 worldwide manufacturing facilities in 7 countries. Caterpillar’s Remanufacturing (REMAN), another
COGMD business, provides our dealers
and customers high quality, lower cost replacement parts remanufactured from
genuine Cat components.
The COGMD IT
Division Manager is fully accountable for all IT scope for COGMD. This position is responsible for the
division’s global IT strategy and manages a team of 35+ IT professionals
(located in 4 different countries) who provide services and solutions to both
internal and external customers. Job
duties focus on Relationship Management, Strategy Development and Execution,
Demand and Portfolio Management, Service Delivery, and Financial Management.
Primary job duties include:
• Build, improve, and manage the relationship with business partners, including Vice President, General Managers, Senior Business Manager, and other business leaders.
• Provide leadership and continued career development to the COGMD IT staff.
• Develop IT strategic roadmaps aligned to support business unit OPACC agendas.
• Facilitate governance of COGMD information technology demand and budgets.
• Drive continuous improvement in IT service levels and reduce the rate of daily incidents.
• Ensure the existing IT landscape meets defined benchmarks (Quality, Velocity, Cost).
• Lead the Division’s Information Security initiatives as the InfoSec Divisional Risk Owner (DRO).
• Manage IT vendor relationships. (internal & external).
• Manage IT strategic relationships, IT planning, and escalations.
• Oversee the COGMD IT budget.
• Bachelor’s degree and 10 years of progressively complex IT experience generally gained through staff and supervisory assignments in IT.
• Strong client / customer focus and ability to lead development and implementation of multi-year IT roadmap, including effectively managing staff, budgets, and initiatives.
• An entrepreneurial spirit with a desire to further develop business knowledge.
• An ability to motivate diverse teams and effectively collaborate across organizational boundaries.
• Strong analytical and decision-making skills that foster creative solutions.
• Familiarity with IT business operations and processes including but not limited to application development / support, infrastructure implementations, IT consolidations, and support.
• Effective oral and written communications skills.
Due to extensive, direct interaction with multiple E&T business partners and some external customers, the candidate must also exhibit strong customer service, communication, and negotiation skills.
The following skills, experience, and traits are highly desired:
• Previous experience as a manager or supervisor (people leader)
• Previous IT experience directly supporting a business unit
• Experience as a program / project manager (or 6 Sigma Black Belt)
• Familiarity with Organizational Change Management and ability to apply the concepts
• ERP deployment experience
• Application development experience
• Familiarity with ITSM processes
• Broad-based knowledge of Caterpillar systems.
• Broad understanding of IT technical disciplines, including: WAN, LAN, Wireless, Security, and PC desktop support.
• MBA or Masters in Information Systems
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers