Experienced Manufacturing Engineer
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Pontiac, IL, United States
Date Posted: Nov 30, 2019
Build a career at Caterpillar
Caterpillar’s Large Power Systems Division (LPSD) designs and manufactures diesel and gas engines, ranging from 400 kilowatts to 16 megawatts of power, and key engine systems such as fuel, air, after treatment and cooling which are used to power oil & gas, electric power, marine, rail and Cat machine applications around the world.
LPSD currently has an opening for an experienced Manufacturing Engineer located in our Pontiac, IL facility. In this position you will have an opportunity to design, develop, integrate (PC & PLC) controls, I/O hardware, vision systems, laser systems, barcode systems including data tracking in a fast paced assembly environment on both low & high volume automated assembly systems performing complex operations utilizing sophisticated machines.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Drive LEAN manufacturing (Stop, Prob Desc, Sort, Feedback, RCCA)
- Support leadership daily assembly line issues and improvements
- Trouble shoot, debug various I/O, hardware, system controls on automated equipment
- Drive process improvements through CI Card actions and completion tasks
- Lead NPI projects (assembly, change management, quality improvement)
- Drive capital projects resulting in replacement or new equipment (define, quote, select, justify, procure, runoff)
- Document updates (CP, WI, BOM, Standard Work, Layouts, Training)
- Maintain customer focus through CPI, RMA analysis, and quality improvement initiatives.
- Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering or 4+yr in electronics / instrumentation repair
- Previous experience with PLC ladder logic programming & debugging
- Previous experience with Adept Robotic cell development, layout, end effectors, tooling and programming
- Previous experience with Laser etching process and development, and barcode systems
- Previous experience in assembly equipment design / development
- Previous experience with high volume multi-station automotive assembly processes
- Previous experience with component / assembly gaging
- Robotic programming and application development
- Previous experience on assembly abutment/screw joint interfaces utilizing torque / angle applications
- Previous experience with database query and analysis tools (SQL, Minitab, Tableau)
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
- Strong Mechanical aptitude
- High degree of experience with PLC controls, hardware I/O (preferred Allen Bradley)
- System integration of machine I/O, servo drives, torque controllers, robotics
- Vision systems lighting and development for IPV detection and verification (preferred Cognex)
- High degree of experience on Torque & Angle control torque systems installation, integration and programing
- High degree of experience in precision air gauging systems development with extreme tight tolerances
- Process control IPV's development and integration
- High degree experience on data tracking from component level thru final assembly personality data
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Familiarity with safety and ergonomic guidelines
- Familiar with company policies and procedures with a strong department background.
- Relocation assistance is available for this position
- This position will close at 11:59 PM CST on November 29, 2019
- Caterpillar, Inc. is an EEO/AA employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply