This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Chicago, IL, United States
Date Posted: Feb 3, 2020
Senior Integration Engineer will report to Head of Integration for Cat Digitals new platform and contributes to design, development and deployment of Systems Integration components of Caterpillar’s state-of-the-art digital platform. This position will build a world class platform to host a wide range of digital applications.
JOB DUTIES: Responsibilities of the incumbents are across functional lines with individuals assigned in new program development and/or maintenance of existing mobile, WEB, Cloud, server, personal computer, mainframe, and/or distributed computing systems.
· Position requires a four-year degree from an accredited college or university.
· Five years or more of software development experience or at least three years of experience with master’s degree in computer science or related field.
· Five years or more of experience in designing and developing software applications in Java or Scala or at least three years of experience in Java or Scala with master’s degree in computer science or related field.
Top candidates will also have:
· Proven experience in many of the following,
o Designing, developing, deploying and maintaining software at scale.
o Developing software applications using relational and Nosql databases.
o Application architectural patterns, such as MVC, Microservices, Event-driven, etc.
o Deploying software using CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, GoCD, Azure Devops etc.
o Deploying and maintaining software using public clouds such as AWS or Azure.
o Working within an Agile framework (ideally Scrum)
· Strong understanding and/or experience in many of the following,
o Batch or stream processing systems such as Apache Spark, Flink, Akka, Storm
o Message brokers such as Kafka, Rabbitmq, AWS SQS, AWS SNS, Apache ActiveMQ, Kinesis.
o Experience designing well-defined Restful APIs
o Experience writing API proxies on platforms such as Apigee Edge, AWS API Gateway or Azure API Gateway
o Hands one experience with API tools such as Swagger, Postman and Assertible
o Test driven development and behavior driven development.
o Hands on experience with testing tools such as Selenium and Cucumber and their integration into CI/CD pipelines.
o Datastores such as MongoDB, Cassandra, Redis, Elasticsearch, MySQL, Oracle.
o Debugging and maintaining software in Linux or Unix platforms.
· Must demonstrate solid knowledge of computer science fundamentals like data structures and algorithms.
· Ability to work under pressure and within time constraints
· Passion for technology and an eagerness to contribute to a team-oriented environment
· Demonstrated leadership on small to medium-scale projects impacting strategic priorities
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer science or Electrical engineering or related field is required