Job Title: Management Accountant - 1 year FTC
Salary: £34000 to £42000 (Depending on Experience)
Location: Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
Benefits: 25 days annual leave,
10% bonus Contributory pension scheme- Caterpillar will double the employee's contribution Up to 10% Contributory share scheme- Caterpillar will matched 50% of the employee's contribution, CAT Advantage – high street discounts and savings
Relocation/ Sponsorship: Not supported with this role
Flexible working arrangements will be considered for this role, in-line with the needs of the business.
Who is Caterpillar? What do we do?
Caterpillar is a world leader in construction and mining equipment—creating innovative, cutting-edge products and services that help our customers build the world around us. With that level of impact comes the platform to care for the world, we work in. That’s why we lead sustainable green initiatives to preserve the environment, help reduce poverty with the Caterpillar Foundation and stay involved in the communities we help build.
What will Caterpillar do for you?
From day one, you’re set up to thrive at Caterpillar: helpful training, relatable mentors, global experience, competitive salary package, work-life balance and the growth opportunities you expect with a Fortune 100 company.
Job Department and Overview
A vacancy has arisen in the Industrial Power Systems Division of Caterpillar. The role is situated within the Financial Analysis and Accounting Project Team based in Peterborough.
The Financial Analysis aspect of the team is responsible for providing accurate and timely analysis of results to the Senior Managers of the business. It also has responsibility for rolling forecasts and annual business planning.
The Accounting Project Team is currently responsible for the implementation of several key financial projects – the largest of these is working on deploying a new ERP system into the Peterborough site.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
• Producing monthly Sales and Margin analysis specifically for the Medium sized engine Business Unit
• Close collaboration with Supply Chain and the Sales and Marketing accounting team to provide in-depth monthly analysis
• Supporting the creation of rolling forecasts and the annual business plan
• Ad-hoc support to the Financial Analysis team
• Supporting the Accounting Project Team and wider team on financial continuous improvement projects
Candidates will have gained the following skills and experience through previous roles:
• Qualified Accountant or studying for an Accounting Qualification or qualified by experience
• Strong analytical skills with experience of working with high volume of data
• Strong Excel skills (Vlookups and Pivot tables – essential)
• Good communicator and able to explain analysis to different levels of management
• An organised and positive person
NB. The panel cannot make assumptions when shortlisting therefore please demonstrate your qualifications and experience on your CV relevant to the criteria outlined.
Pending the number of applications, the criteria for the position may be enhanced to facilitate shortlisting.