This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Franklin, IN, United States
Date Posted: Nov 23, 2019
The Student Trainee Program allows students the opportunity to work at Caterpillar while going to school.
Caterpillar's legacy of industry leadership dates back to 1925. We have a global footprint with product in more than 180 countries. Caterpillar is a Fortune 100 company that makes up the most diverse product line in the industry with more than 300 products. We work in industries that provide long-term economic value: commodities (mining, oil and gas); infrastructure (heavy construction, rail, paving, quarry and aggregate); and building construction (residential, commercial, standby power, industrial engines and forestry).
At Caterpillar you will have global exposure and opportunities, deep employee and leadership development resources and a compelling career path to make it possible to have the flexibility and excitement of a diverse career without needing to "start over" at a new company. Even while building deep expertise in one function, our employees can experience different career opportunities by moving between our many business units, locations and product lines throughout their career.
• Must be a Vocational School Junior or Senior participating in work based learning program.
• Must have prior use of basic hand tools
• Must be able to work 15-20 hours per week while attending school full time.
• Must have basic computer skills
• Must have reliable transportation to the Franklin, IN facility
• Ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods
• Ability to lift up to 35 lbs.
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
• Interest in a potential career in manufacturing
• Aptitude for assembly and mechanical work.
• Ability to follow documented procedures for standard work, to perform work safely and free of defects.
These are part time temporary openings located in Franklin, IN. Relocation is not available.
Work hours are 6am- 10am.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment based non-immigrant and immigrant visas. However, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website www.caterpillar.com/careers.
Please ensure you frequently check the e-mail account you provided on your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method in our recruiting process.