WE BUILD WHAT MATTERS
What matters most to you? Is it being part of a strong team? Supporting your family? Solving global problems? You can do these and more at Caterpillar; where your work enables progress around the globe, and you contribute to meaningful work. Together, we can build what matters!
The Caterpillar Oil & Gas and Marine Division currently has an exciting opportunity for an Application and Installation (A&I) Engineer. This position will be ideally located in Houston, Texas but could also be located in Lafayette, Indiana. As an A&I Engineer you will provide pre-sales technical expertise and commissioning support for Caterpillar products worldwide.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Work with dealers and end customers to successfully apply system solutions into Well Service applications
* Ensure a product’s technical specifications are communicated to the sales force, and provide technical assistance as needed to enable the sale of Caterpillar products
* Serve as a subject matter expert to support product development efforts by providing critical customer input on market requirements
* Develop and maintain application and installation guides, technical communications, prepare and conduct product and application training for dealers and end customers, as well as assist customers and dealers with complex or unique applications
* Recognized expert in both Caterpillar’s Well Service products and related customer applications
* Travel will be required, including globally, to support specific sales opportunities, deliver dealer training, and conduct installation audits. The A&I engineer serves as a trusted advisor for Caterpillar dealers and supports their sales efforts
* Bachelor's degree in an accredited mechanical or electrical engineering curriculum
* 3+ years of relevant engineering work experience in mechanical or electrical engineering fields
* 3+ years of experience with design and/or application of electronic system solutions for power systems or pressure pumping applications
Top Candidates will also have:
* Prior experience in dealer/customer facing positions
* Demonstrated ability to communicate technical information effectively
* Experience with engines, transmissions, and pressure pumping systems
* Oil and Gas industry experience in a technical support role
* A commitment to provide prompt, high quality responses to customer requests which may sometimes require extended work days and travel
* Experience with design and/or application of well service products
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Must be willing to travel up to 50% of the time and have ability to travel worldwide
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers (http://www.caterpillar.com/careers).
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.